Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis fighter losses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Axis fighter losses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis fighter losses - 5/17/2012 5:24:38 AM   
latosusi

Now playing vs axis AI date is 7/8/1943. I must be doing something wrong since axis fighters/fighter bombers seem
to be nearly invulnerable. Total of 300+ destroyed vs Soviet losses of 9000+ fighters/fighter bombers. Is this intended or a bug? Which is the best way to gain experience for aircrews?

Thank you for advice
Post #: 1
RE: Axis fighter losses - 5/17/2012 11:49:31 AM   
Walloc

I would ask Heliodorus04. He seems to have cracked the nut.

quote:

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04

The air war in this game is beyond ridiculous, with the Soviet having the ability to destroy the Luftwaffe entirely by 1942 (house rules are always used on this point, but still, it should stand as a warning to you about the other oversights in this game engine).

As far as gaining experience. The trick is that u can only gain exp if the moral is higher than the exp. So the best way to gain exp is tracking ur airforce/regiments meticulous. That means every turn. Move ur regiments to national reserve as soon as their moral is near its exp, to build up its moral over the next turns. Move units from national reserve with a high difference between exp and moral into the frontline and keep doing this rotation. Its very micromanagement heavy, but works over time. Since u can easly lose 20 moral i 1 turns of getting eaten by Me109s its importand that before u move the unit into the frontlines that u have a large moral differeantial over the exp espcially when unit have low exp.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 5/17/2012 11:54:52 AM >

(in reply to latosusi)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis fighter losses - 5/17/2012 12:34:37 PM   
JamesM

I would be handy if you could select morale the same way you can select squadrons with percentage ready and total aircraft in the commander screen.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Axis fighter losses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI