Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the PC version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the PC version? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the PC ve... - 5/17/2012 4:06:07 AM   
JFalk68

Is there any interest in starting a Facebook group for matchmaking purposes? I have a FB account and I find it useful to keep in contact with people easier then forums or email. Any thoughts on this?

< Message edited by JFalk68 -- 5/17/2012 4:43:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 4:11:21 AM   
junk2drive

I just finished another game that has PBEM by sharing files with dropbox and posting private messages via facebook with my opponent. Beats zipping and emailing by a long shot.

My point is that something like facebook seems a lot better than posting in forums for opponents. People that have Matrix accounts but not facebook may disagree.

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 2
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 4:18:36 AM   
JFalk68

It also doesn't have to be for just matchmaking, it can also be used for the usual exchange of information. I have a group made for my Fantasy Football league and it's good for a little good natured ribbing ;)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 3:18:39 PM   
Joram

They do have a twitter account already. I don't use twitter myself but I do have friends who do and know it can be used to cross-post to facebook somehow. So that way they shouldn't have to have two separate postings. So might be something worth considering if it doesn't add any additional effort.

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 4
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 3:26:59 PM   
Mr. Z

We will have a semi-official FB page up very soon (today, I hope). We would be happy to help cordinate matchmaking efforts; I'll send a link when ready.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 5
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 4:26:57 PM   
tgb

No.

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 6
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 6:00:17 PM   
JFalk68

Hey, that sounds great Mr. Z. I'll be looking forward to it. What I like about Facebook groups is that you can see who all the members are, and the members for the most part are active. It's like having your own private wargamming club room.

Wodin has a nice Tactical Wargames page, I was thinking of a FB group along those lines except being exclusive to Conflict of Heroes. I imagine it will be pretty small at first, maybe 10-20 members but it will grow.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Z

We will have a semi-official FB page up very soon (today, I hope). We would be happy to help cordinate matchmaking efforts; I'll send a link when ready.

< Message edited by JFalk68 -- 5/17/2012 6:08:00 PM >

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 7
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 6:17:37 PM   
wodin

Jfalk, thanks for the praise. Easy to set one up aswell. I have also set up a forum, I'm more than willing to set up part of the forum solely for CoH and it's players even make a matchmaking section if you like. What I've found with facebook is that some are unwilling to sign up to it no matter what. So you can restrict the membership. People seem more willing to join a forum.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 8
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/17/2012 6:44:32 PM   
JFalk68

I have a wargammer buddy that I do tabletop games with and he is not interested with FB either, but for those of us that do have FB it can be a great tool.

If someone doesn't want to have a FB account, thats their choice and I respect that. Lets see how things pan out, Mr Z. said something about having a page up soon. I wouldnt want to be spread out on FB amongst several pages. I'll join wherever the "group" goes :)
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Jfalk, thanks for the praise. Easy to set one up aswell. I have also set up a forum, I'm more than willing to set up part of the forum solely for CoH and it's players even make a matchmaking section if you like. What I've found with facebook is that some are unwilling to sign up to it no matter what. So you can restrict the membership. People seem more willing to join a forum.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/18/2012 1:26:57 AM   
Mr. Z

On further consideration, if you all would like to set up a fan page for the purposes of meeting opponents, we would encourage that--our page will be more of a company page--but we would be happy to friend you there :)

So by all means, get one started--don't wait for us! :D

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 10
RE: Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the P... - 5/18/2012 9:42:19 PM   
JFalk68

Mr Z. will there is an official "Page" on Facebook for the PC version. I was thinking of a "page" instead of a "group". I searched around and have not found one yet. I like the page format better then the group format since photos and videos can be uploaded to them. It's a great way to show off the game and promote it!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Z

On further consideration, if you all would like to set up a fan page for the purposes of meeting opponents, we would encourage that--our page will be more of a company page--but we would be happy to friend you there :)

So by all means, get one started--don't wait for us! :D

(in reply to Mr. Z)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Any interest in starting a Facebook group for the PC version? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI