Point Buy Firefights

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

RockKahn

Point Buy Firefights

Post by RockKahn »

I haven't played any point buy firefights, yet, but plan to soon.

It appears there is only one map available for point buy firefights. Will the number of maps available be increased soon, or is this intended for user created maps? The manual says "a collection of maps", but I only see one, "Partisan Road". Is something wrong with my install? Also, is there a way or will there be a way to change the number of unit points available (currently 240 only), or will this be determined by the map that is selected?
I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.
Erik Rutins

RE: Point Buy Firefights

Post by Erik Rutins »

There is only one point buy firefight at this point but yes, we absolutely want to add more and plan to do so (and we hope those of you who like them will create a few as well!).

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”