Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Infantry wishlist Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry wishlist - 5/15/2012 2:31:38 AM   
JMass

How do you want the infantry is managed in the future? I like to play the tank game over the infantry one, so I prefer that infantry rules are simple (but not simplistic). I don't care about a too complex 1:1 infantry representation but I would that every squad or team have a man for every real soldier and that losses are on a one man basis. I want to be able to split squad in teams and to give different orders to every squad/team in a platoon but only if in command range of the platoon HQ. Infantry should be able to dig yourself in but not in frozen ground, for example. Other ideas?

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian
Post #: 1
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/15/2012 12:35:37 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

The current infantry model is pretty good.  What I would want to see is as follows:

1:1 infantry modeling is something I would not want to see.  From my perspective, command control and formations are the most important considerations in historically representing infantry on the wwII - modern battlefield.

I want the ability to see infantry units less capable of advancing on enemy positions if they are outside the command radius of their platoon command group.  I would like to see this handled all the way up the command hierarchy.  Platoon command would be less effective if outside the command radius of their company command group etc.

I want to be able to order my squads and platoons to assume a right or left echelon formation or advance in a v or wedge formation.  I also want them to have the ability to split into fireteams ( if that was doctrine for the army being modeled).

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 2
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/15/2012 3:24:16 PM   
Ratzki

1:1 on screen infantry step losses are a must. As well, I would like to see all soldiers that are in the squad represented on screen, I should not have to select a squad to see how many men that I have left in it.

Full fleshed out HQ squads.

Better representation of the action on screen. If a squad is firing it's weapons, it should be apparent from the position that the men in the unit are positioned on screen. Same with if the squad is suppressed, the on screen unit should assume a position on screen that portrays this.

Some sort of chain of command that rewards players who are able to keep their squads in command.

Better weapons sounds.
Just a start, great to see some other voices out there.

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 3
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/15/2012 3:51:15 PM   
Mobius

I don't know about the squad being able to split in two because they would not split into 'fire teams' they would split into a small LMG team and large rifle team. I would at least like the AI or the player to be able to target the LMG and rifles to separate targets and not have all the firepower combined. If the squad has more than one LMG the ability to target a separate target with each LMG in the team as well as combined rifles.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 4
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/15/2012 7:42:21 PM   
Rick

I would like to be able to assign support squads to Infantry Platoons. For example I'd like to be able to assign a HMG, or MMG squad to a platoon. Or, at least be able to create scenarios with 'mixed' platoons in the scenario editor.

Rick

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 5
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/17/2012 3:32:51 AM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

I would like to be able to assign support squads to Infantry Platoons. For example I'd like to be able to assign a HMG, or MMG squad to a platoon. Or, at least be able to create scenarios with 'mixed' platoons in the scenario editor.

Rick

I am all over this as well. What would you do with MG Platoons? Would you like to split them up into teams and then re-assign the MG's, or would you assign the whole Platoon to a Commander?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 6
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/17/2012 7:56:19 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

quote:

Rick

I am all over this as well. What would you do with MG Platoons? Would you like to split them up into teams and then re-assign the MG's, or would you assign the whole Platoon to a Commander?

I think I'd like to be able to assign a MG team to an Inf Platoon. If not dynamically in the game, then in the scenario editor.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 7
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/17/2012 2:50:24 PM   
Mobius

quote:

Rick
That will have to come when there are mixed platoons. Where tank platoons can have different types of tanks. Like in ETO UK platoons can have 75mm Shermans or Cromwells and a Firefly.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 8
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/17/2012 2:57:14 PM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

That will have to come when there are mixed platoons. Where tank platoons can have different types of tanks.

Or different types of skins with different camos/damages...

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 9
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/18/2012 4:47:32 PM   
Ratzki

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rick

I think I'd like to be able to assign a MG team to an Inf Platoon. If not dynamically in the game, then in the scenario editor.

Thanks
rick

Why could this not be done during the setup phase of a battle?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 10
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/18/2012 9:32:42 PM   
Rick

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rick

Thanks
rick

Why could this not be done during the setup phase of a battle?

that would work for me as well, though if it could be done in setup it could probably be during during the game too.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 11
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/18/2012 11:11:36 PM   
Mad Russian

I would like to see a game that's balanced for a change. One that treats all aspects of tactical combat with equal attention to detail, execution and playability.

Air, armor, artillery, cavalry, chain of command, engineers, infantry, leaders, tactical battle formations that are selectable, etc....

I would like to see destructible terrain to go with that. Because the battlefield isn't an empty place filled with only one type of unit. There aren't just infantry or tanks out there. They aren't shot at only by static AT guns or off map artillery.

What I would like to see is a game that puts it all together.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/18/2012 11:14:04 PM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 12
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/19/2012 7:28:19 AM   
k9mike

What He said....:)

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 13
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/19/2012 2:26:39 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

I would like to see a game that's balanced for a change. One that treats all aspects of tactical combat with equal attention to detail, execution and playability.

Air, armor, artillery, cavalry, chain of command, engineers, infantry, leaders, tactical battle formations that are selectable, etc....

I would like to see destructible terrain to go with that. Because the battlefield isn't an empty place filled with only one type of unit. There aren't just infantry or tanks out there. They aren't shot at only by static AT guns or off map artillery.

Good Hunting.

MR

I would pay good money for a game (simulation) like that. As a matter of fact I would be willing to pre-pay a fair amount to help finance its development.

Post #: 14
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/19/2012 7:55:51 PM   
eggmansdaddy

MR-

Yeah, that would be great. You mention selectable formations...let's take it one better, let's say that unless you select an alternative tactical formation, your unit would use default formations based on that county's tactical doctrine...and regarding engineers, they are under represented in most titles.

One of the things that always drove me crazy with CM was the fact that I had to plot column movement...at least in PC you can make that happen a heck of a lot easier...

eggmansdaddy aka ksbearski

Post #: 15
RE: Infantry wishlist - 5/21/2012 5:25:25 PM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Good Hunting.

MR

I think that Matrix and the powers that be must decide whether they are going to take advantage of the situation that exists now or not. Battlefront has went for a 1:1 representation in infantry and a major engine change starting with SF that really llimits their map sizes and unit numbers. Right now PC is the only game poised to take the role of larger battle maps, regimental sized battle, a openly modifiable unit database, user made units and graphics, maps that are accurate and easy to create, and a game engine that works and could be used in the Pacific theatre, 'Nam, Korea, WW1, or whatever else we want it to lead. I think that to cobble something together would be a huge mistake and waste valuble time, but time is a factor now. Some of us have played PC for several years now, and some have been waiting in the wings for the great game to appear. They will not wait forever, and even the long time players have paid their dues in time. I am seeing people here joined in 2006, 2008. That is 6 years. PCO is was should have come out of the gate back then. As a community and game developer, we had best decide what is what and how to get there post haste. This way a game can be made that just might take the war game community by storm, to waste any time now might just turn out to be the beginning of the end for PC, as a hole exists in the genre right now and someone will surely fill it, I would hate to see Matrix miss the chance that is has right now to secure it's position here.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Infantry wishlist Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI