Why no NATO Symbols?

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Capt Cliff

Why no NATO Symbols?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Why isn't there an option to use NATO symbols?
Capt. Cliff
Xerkis

RE: Why no NATO Symbols?

Post by Xerkis »

Must likely because NATO wasn't formed until 80 years after the Civil War would be my guess.
[;)]
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: Xerkis

Must likely because NATO wasn't formed until 80 years after the Civil War would be my guess.
[;)]

D'ah!!! The chit system for tactical battles dose. Dude your not being clever with this sort of response, it shows your immaturity.
Capt. Cliff
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff
Dude your not being clever with this sort of response, it shows your immaturity.
And a lack of a sense of humor shows yours.
Was that necessary of you? Really? Lighten up “dude”, you might find that people will be willing to help if you don’t come out with an attitude.
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

There are NATO symbols in detailed combat, use "+" key to toggle.
Handbook pp. 119, 133, 200
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: Floyd

There are NATO symbols in detailed combat, use "+" key to toggle.
Handbook pp. 119, 133, 200

Thank you.
Capt. Cliff
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

Dude your not being clever with this sort of response, it shows your immaturity.
Was that necessary of you? Really? Lighten up “dude”, you might find that people will be willing to help if you don’t come out with an attitude.

Yeah it was. Your attempt at being funny or clever was inapt and rude. About time some one pointed it out to you.
Capt. Cliff
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Yeah it was. Your attempt at being funny or clever was inapt and rude. About time some one pointed it out to you.
Wow – you stoop to name calling and say that “I’m immature” OK whatever. . . . . . the street lights are coming on, you should run home to Mommy now.[:)]
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

Wow – you stoop to name calling and say that “I’m immature” OK whatever. . . . . . the street lights are coming on, you should run home to Mommy now.[:)]

Now your trolling and griefing. Perhaps admin needs to remind you to be civil. Say another word about my Mother and I'll find you.
Capt. Cliff
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Now your trolling and griefing. Perhaps admin needs to remind you to be civil. Say another word about my Mother and I'll find you.

I hope so.
Check the posts. I was being “civil”. Not my fault you found no humor in were humor was meant to be. But that gave you no reason to respond in the way you did.
If my “joke” for some odd reason offended you – I’m sorry. No reason for you to come back calling me “immature”. So before you play the “I’m telling admin” card you better make sure you realize who is in the wrong here and who actually started the rub.
You could have simply said you didn’t find it funny and left it go at that – you didn’t have to begin name calling now did you? Don’t start something if you’re not going to remember that you did.
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

I hope so.
Check the posts. I was being “civil”. Not my fault you found no humor in were humor was meant to be. But that gave you no reason to respond in the way you did.
If my “joke” for some odd reason offended you – I’m sorry. No reason for you to come back calling me “immature”. So before you play the “I’m telling admin” card you better make sure you realize who is in the wrong here and who actually started the rub.
You could have simply said you didn’t find it funny and left it go at that – you didn’t have to begin name calling now did you? Don’t start something if you’re not going to remember that you did.

Helping to Fill the Void in God's People ... Do you practice what you preach?
Capt. Cliff
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

I remember getting in a fight or two in a bar after a conversation like this.
My excuse was that I was really, really drunk......and behaving in a boorish manner and usually, since it was me,
full of righteous indignation. No wonder i got beat up sometimes.
I would like to thank Floyd who came up with an answer to a question I did not know I had.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

ORIGINAL: danlongman

I remember getting in a fight or two in a bar after a conversation like this.
My excuse was that I was really, really drunk......and behaving in a boorish manner and usually, since it was me,
full of righteous indignation. No wonder i got beat up sometimes.
I would like to thank Floyd who came up with an answer to a question I did not know I had.
Even though I know you are directing that partly at me – I find that funny and (to go with your analogy) “sobering” as well.
That is an awesome way to close out the thread.
[:D]

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”