Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[BFTB] Sidebar problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> [BFTB] Sidebar problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[BFTB] Sidebar problem - 5/14/2012 12:32:51 PM   
samurai023

My sidebar is too wide so that part of the content is covered by the map. As a result, I can not change the assault time manually!

Does anyone have the same problem?

PS: my screen resolution is 1280*800.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by samurai023 -- 4/23/2013 2:24:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 5/14/2012 2:43:55 PM   
Lieste

This is a windows font/magnification/DPI problem, it has been raised several times in the past, and I think it was solved for the reporters in each case. Can you have a hunt about for the relevant threads? I'll find a link later this evening if you haven't been successful.

(in reply to samurai023)
Post #: 2
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 5/14/2012 3:28:16 PM   
samurai023

Thanks a lot for the hint. I solved my problem. The reason is that I changed font size from 100% to 125%.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 8/12/2012 2:00:10 AM   
Paul Roberts

Is there still no way to set font sizes for BFTB only?

I keep my Windows fonts set to 125% (or higher) due to eyesight issues, but it would be great to be able to run BFTB without setting my whole system to 100% every time I want to play.

(in reply to samurai023)
Post #: 4
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 8/12/2012 2:49:58 AM   
Arjuna

Paul Roberts,

OK I'll ask Paul Scobell to see if we can do this.

Paul,

How about it?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Paul Roberts)
Post #: 5
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 4/22/2013 3:51:27 AM   
Perif

I have the exact same issue.

My screen is a 15" with a resolution of 1920x1080 (windows 8, no problem on my previous pc). I need to set the font size to 125% otherwise reading text is impossible. Regarding BotB, I have the exact same sidebar problem. I tried to google to see if there was any workaround but with no success.

Any solution since last year ?

Thanks !

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 4/22/2013 3:54:17 AM   
samurai023

You have to change font size to 100% when playing BFTB.

(in reply to Perif)
Post #: 7
RE: [BFTP] Sidebar problem - 4/22/2013 8:22:49 AM   
Perif

Yes, It works like that but still this is quite cumbersome to log-out + log-in each + change this parameter before and after each play. It is the only app I have which has this problem...

< Message edited by Perif -- 4/22/2013 8:23:23 AM >

(in reply to samurai023)
Post #: 8
RE: [BFTB] Sidebar problem - 4/22/2013 1:05:00 PM   
Arjuna

Perif,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are starting a process to change our graphics engine. This will be done in stages over a long time. When it is finished we should be able to support multiple font sizes.

< Message edited by Arjuna -- 4/22/2013 1:44:54 PM >

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Perif)
Post #: 9
RE: [BFTB] Sidebar problem - 4/23/2013 2:22:18 AM   
Perif

Hello Arjuna,

Thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to try the new engine ! Do you have a planned release date ? Or will you plan a beta test ?

Thanks !

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
RE: [BFTB] Sidebar problem - 4/23/2013 2:47:41 AM   
Arjuna

See:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3310918

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Perif)
Post #: 11
RE: [BFTB] Sidebar problem - 4/24/2013 5:56:06 AM   
Perif

Thanks Dave !

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 12
RE: [BFTB] Sidebar problem - 8/6/2013 3:40:18 PM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Perif,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are starting a process to change our graphics engine. This will be done in stages over a long time. When it is finished we should be able to support multiple font sizes.

Just to add another datapoint to the discussion, I encountered the sidebar / font problem after (stupidly) running a Norton 360 Registry scan, and deleting the references it indicated linked to no programs. Unfortunately, I didn't save a list of the files involved, since they weren't supposed to relate to anything installed on the computer anyway.

Did all the recommended fixes, and even went into the registry (after confirming I had the proper 96DPI Bitmap font names) and did a Microsoft registry change which would allow for less than 96 DPI scaling.

Didn't correct the problem on the Command OPS Sidebar Gui.

One thing I note in both Command Ops and Conquest of the Aegean (which didn't have the problem before I scrubbed the registry) is that the font displays appear to be bold for both the resolution screen and the scenario listings, and they weren't before the registry was changed.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell XPS 8300, 8GB RAM, and an AMD 6450 graphics processor with 1GB of video memory at 1080 by 1920 screen (16 by 9) screen resolution.

I noted the nominal schedule for CO2, and the first change to the graphics engine is sometime in September, so hopefully this gets posted in time to allow for the information to be included in the evaluation of the software.

Meantime, I'll brainstorm some other "fixes" and if one appears to work, will post it back here.

Otherwise, my SA for friendly unit health, supply, and some command options is hindered a bit.

Did run Scenemaker and Estab Editor. They both appear to be working fine in terms of information display on their guis.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> [BFTB] Sidebar problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI