Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assault at dialog

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Assault at dialog Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assault at dialog - 5/13/2012 12:58:29 AM   
Rick

Can anyone confirm whterher the "assault At" time gets updated when a units assault time "slips". The tutorial video shows this updated to match the 'slippage', but I've ran thorugh this several times and the assault at hasn't updated for me. Could I be missing some step?

Thanks
Rick
Post #: 1
RE: Assault at dialog - 5/13/2012 2:39:07 AM   
Arjuna

Do you have a save taken before the slippage that I could step through to see what is going on? If so, zip and email it to me at support[at]panthergames[dot]com and put a link in your email to this thread. Thanks.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 2
RE: Assault at dialog - 5/13/2012 4:58:16 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Do you have a save taken before the slippage that I could step through to see what is going on? If so, zip and email it to me at support[at]panthergames[dot]com and put a link in your email to this thread. Thanks.

I'll get one for you. -- Done. thanks

Thanks
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 5/13/2012 5:18:22 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Assault at dialog - 5/15/2012 3:44:14 PM   
Rick

Has anyone else seen this same behavior, where the Assault at Time dialog box doesn't update to the new time when an assault "slips"?

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 4
RE: Assault at dialog - 5/15/2012 4:54:30 PM   
Lieste

The 'HQ' is still at the original start at time... if you examine the sub-units' HQs you will see the slipped time.

Not sure if this is by design, but this is how it seems to work at the moment.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Assault at dialog - 5/15/2012 7:37:34 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

The 'HQ' is still at the original start at time... if you examine the sub-units' HQs you will see the slipped time.

Not sure if this is by design, but this is how it seems to work at the moment.

Ok, thanks for confirming this. In the specific situation I had, I don't think I had any sub-HQs, just sub units. I think it must have worked differently when the tutorial was made.

Thanks for checking

Rick

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 6
RE: Assault at dialog - 6/4/2012 4:26:08 PM   
Rick

Arjuna,

Have you had an opportunity to look at this issue yet? Liest seems to confirm that it isn't just my setup.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 7
RE: Assault at dialog - 6/4/2012 4:34:07 PM   
Bil H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Can anyone confirm whterher the "assault At" time gets updated when a units assault time "slips". The tutorial video shows this updated to match the 'slippage', but I've ran thorugh this several times and the assault at hasn't updated for me. Could I be missing some step?

Hey Rick I would ask should this be updated just becasue a unit's assault time slips?

A commander might specify a specific assault at time... that does not mean that all elements will actually meet that time, and just because one or two have trouble meeting it doesn't mean that the time should adjust accordingly, the original time should stand and all of the other involved elements should still try their damndest to meet it.

This is called command friction.

Bil

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 8
RE: Assault at dialog - 6/5/2012 2:14:21 AM   
Arjuna

There are a number of factors governing whether or not the Assault At time shouyld be adjusted. First, has the assault started already. If so, then it won't be adjusted even if the assault time is extended. Second, does the force have the authority to change it. If a higher authority has set the assault at time then a subordinate can request but there is no certainty that the superior will agree to slipping it. Third, if other forces participating in the attack have started their assault then you won't be allowed to slip the Assault at even if you can't make it. You will just have to do the best you can. Welcome to war.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 9
RE: Assault at dialog - 6/9/2012 12:29:01 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

There are a number of factors governing whether or not the Assault At time shouyld be adjusted. First, has the assault started already. If so, then it won't be adjusted even if the assault time is extended. Second, does the force have the authority to change it. If a higher authority has set the assault at time then a subordinate can request but there is no certainty that the superior will agree to slipping it. Third, if other forces participating in the attack have started their assault then you won't be allowed to slip the Assault at even if you can't make it. You will just have to do the best you can. Welcome to war.

Ok, Thanks for the explanations. I did send in a saved game to support couple of weeks ago. I ask because I was following the tutorial but not getting the same updates to the Assault At as was shown in the Tutorial. But perhaps one of the factors you mentioned is the reason.

thanks to all for comments.

Rick

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Assault at dialog Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI