Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release date
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game lobby

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> game lobby Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game lobby - 5/13/2012 12:42:53 AM   
mi1291

Empires in Arms was One of best boardgame ever made.

The Computer version wasn't so good mainly because it's very hard to play in pbem mode.

Just few days ago Matrix games released CoH with a new remote game system.
This system allows players to join a lobby and play games NOT in bem mode but remaining connecetd to the lobby.

I'm here to ask a great effort. Please implement EiA with this new remote game system.

I'm sure the computer game could be good as the boardgame was.

< Message edited by mi1291 -- 5/13/2012 12:43:10 AM >

Angelo Balena Ricci

Intek i5 m520 2,5mhz
6 mega ram
Nvidia 525 1 giga ram
Post #: 1
RE: game lobby - 5/15/2012 1:34:10 PM   
pzgndr

Marshall had intentions of implementing TCP/IP capability in some future patch. If he ever gets around to working on that, it could change to be something that players could log into like Matrix's BattleHQ or the other new server. Assuming you can get all players online at the same time and folks are willing to sit there while other players are taking their turns. Seems like its harder to do that than play quickly in pbem mode? Most playgroups seem to be content with pbem, and the latest v1.08.07 patch has resolved most of the pbem issues that were bugging players over the past few years.

(in reply to mi1291)
Post #: 2
RE: game lobby - 5/15/2012 6:09:32 PM   
NeverMan

If I recall, and I do, there were a ton of folks who were pretty unsatisfied with PBEM.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> game lobby Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI