Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo for CAs or BBs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo for CAs or BBs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo for ... - 5/12/2012 11:44:00 PM   
garywjamison

Dear fellow gamers:

I have been trying to reload allied Surface Warfare TFs in Darwin and/or Sorebaja. How do I know whether or not a port has the correct ammo for CAs or BBs. I had to leave a CA in Darwin because there were no 8" shells.

In addition, how do I know whether a port has mines for submarines or mines for the DM type of destroyer?

Gary Jamison
Post #: 1
RE: Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo ... - 5/13/2012 1:54:28 AM   
Icedawg

For naval rearming, the game doesn't treat supply in this much detail. You simply need to have enough "rearm points" available at a port or the proper type of tender present at a port. Rearm points are based on port size and the number of naval support elements available at the base. Different armaments require different numbers of rearm points (Yamato's 18 in guns require large ports and lots of naval support, a destoyer's 5 in guns can be rearmed just about anywhere). For a more in-depth treatment of this, check out pages 285-288 in the manual.

As for mines, you need to have enough mines of the proper type in the pool and enough rearm points available at the port.

< Message edited by Icedawg -- 5/13/2012 2:13:01 AM >

(in reply to garywjamison)
Post #: 2
RE: Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo ... - 5/13/2012 2:07:27 AM   
Icedawg

Here are some screenshots that show you how to see how many mines you have in your pool.

Go to the intelligence reports screen (click on the appropriate button along the top of the main screen or use the "I" key).

Click on "Industry/Troop/Resource Pool".

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo ... - 5/13/2012 2:09:01 AM   
Icedawg

This will bring you to the screen below. Use the filters across the top of this panel to only view your mine pools.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo ... - 5/13/2012 2:13:00 AM   
Icedawg

By using the filters, you should get the screen below. This screen will tell you how many mines of each type you have available. In order for a ship to be armed with mines, you need to have enough of the appropriate mine available in the pool and enough rearm points at the port the ship is based at. The table on pp 285-288 of the manual tells you how many rearm points you need for the particular type of mine in question.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Reading the port display for Torpedoes and/or ammo for CAs or BBs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI