From: San Antonio, TX
Situation in Burma:
1. Prome: Action imminent. Large-ish British assault heading across the river opposite Prome. 16 units-hasn't changed much in a while. When last scouted most of these units consisted of infantry regiments-subject to disruptive losses. Not the shock troops I would choose. I suspect my forces at Prome, when combined with the disruption associated with river assault-will hold.
@ Prome: 38th, 33rd IJA ID, 12th IR, 11th Tk regiment, 16th recon regiment, 4x Art BN, 6x AA BN. 1163 AV. 5.75 Forts.
2. Lashio: Most forces held here in strategic reserve will strat move to Tongoo to repulse the expected cross-river movement by a single Allied unit. This includes 11th Div and 2,4,7,14 tank regiments. Some 655 AV.
3. Moulmein: Japanese MLR. Most units are prepped for Moulmein and will fall back rather than be cut off in Burma. There currently: 1st and 7th RTA, 30th Division, 16th IR. Some 1271 AV. HQ for 15th Army and 3rd Air Army are located here.
4. Rangoon: Lightly held by 114th IR, 6th tank regiment and some support units. HQ for 3rd Air Division, HQ Burma Area located there currently.
5. Tavoy: Lightly held. Could probably use another regiment at least. Currently an infantry battalion is the sole defensive unit here.
6. Mergui: 3rd RTA Div
7. Victoria Point: 6th RTA Division
1. Rangoon: 2 Sentai Ki-44IIa Tojo (78F)
2. Taung Gyi and Mandalay: A chutai each of Dinahs.
3. Moulmein: 253 Ku-S1 (36 A6M3a); 54th Sentai (14 Ki-61a). Two bomber chutai normally based here (Helens and Lillys) are rebuilding in Bangkok right now.
4. Tavoy: 12 Jake recon and 27 Ki49-IIa (Helens).
Pending theatre reinforcements:
A sentai of George (N1K1-J) fighters of the 252 Ku-S1 (36F) are enroute from China. These guys are filled with some pretty good pilots, including those hitherto cooling their heels in TRACOM. They're the best bomber killers I have at this point.
Naval theatre reserve:
Singapore: 10xCV; 3xCVL; 3xCVE; 7xBB; 9xCL; 52xDD; 9xSS