Fragmented land units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

msudrala8

Fragmented land units

Post by msudrala8 »

What can be done with battle weary fragmented land units? Can they be merged into other units?
inqistor

RE: Fragmented land units

Post by inqistor »

They will merge automatically, when there are fragments from the same unit in the hex. Maybe there can be problem if some of them in Strategic mode, but I am sure move, and combat do not stop merging.

Unless some of them upgraded to new devices, but I am not sure if this is possible for fragment.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

Land unit fragments cannot exist without the parent unit somewhere on the map (otherwise, the fragment becomes the parent).

Fragments don't take replacements at all; they need to be merged back with the parent.

Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

ORIGINAL: inqistor

They will merge automatically, when there are fragments from the same unit in the hex. Maybe there can be problem if some of them in Strategic mode, but I am sure move, and combat do not stop merging.

Unless some of them upgraded to new devices, but I am not sure if this is possible for fragment.

Not sure about that. You can have a parent and sub-unit in the same hex but you still have to manually unite them. You won't be able to if they're equipped differently, though.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

ORIGINAL: inqistor

Not sure about that. You can have a parent and sub-unit in the same hex but you still have to manually unite them. You won't be able to if they're equipped differently, though.

Fragments and sub-units are different, though.

Sub-units are entire units that can be "Rebuilt" into a larger unit using the "REBUILD" button. This is not automatic, as you say.

FRAGMENTS are just that; pieces of whole units, like "3rd Battallion/1". Fragments do auto-combine when together, and won't take replacements

Two totally different types of units
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Ahh.

The magic of learning... [:)]

Return to “The War Room”