Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coordinated Attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Coordinated Attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coordinated Attack - 5/11/2012 9:06:34 AM   
Marshal Villars

Curious as to why this Bn has launched an assault before my entered Assault time of 18:00.

The reason it is important to me is because I had hoped to get the FJ Bn in the SE to attack NW at 18:00 as well. But it seems the Bn in motion just ignored their "assault at" time.

Of course, I could me making a mistake in interpreting what is happening here, but thought I would ask.

I didn't assign an FUP for the Bn in the NW -- are they advancing to the FUP since I was too lazy to enter one myself?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marshal Villars -- 5/11/2012 9:08:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Coordinated Attack - 5/11/2012 9:09:47 AM   
Marshal Villars

Update: No they aren't advancing to the FUP. They kept going until they were on top of the AT unit at 16:58.

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 2
RE: Coordinated Attack - 5/11/2012 1:22:14 PM   
Lieste

What are the aggression and judgement values for the commander?

Could also be a bug. Don't suppose you have a save from just before that to look at?
Setting the start at is more reliable (but you do need to assess the FU time to get fair coordination), or set both off together and adjust routes/speeds to get both converged at the same time and place. Your approach is more 'correct' but seems to have not worked.

I'd never noticed it, but my planning is more "wander over there and see what progress you can make" or "Go there now and cause havoc"... the more nuanced orders are a bit too 'planned' for me.
Subtle is adding another Battalion to the attack, plus lots ALL of the artillery.

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 3
RE: Coordinated Attack - 5/12/2012 4:08:15 AM   
Rick

I'm working through the video tutorial and was coordinating the attack on Lommersveeler. I originally set the assault at time to 13:07 (i know I'm pretty late). BUt during play I had several messages that the attack was being delayed. However, the shown assault at time has not changed. Does this value not get updated?

Thanks
Rick

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Coordinated Attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI