Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just curious.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Just curious. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just curious. - 5/11/2012 4:03:57 AM   
stormbringer3

I'm curious as to how many of you have had an Axis victory in The Monsters Tutorial? I'm on my second day of trying and haven't even come close.
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Just curious. - 5/11/2012 4:17:34 AM   
Lebatron

Once you know how to play the game you should be able to win that one easy, even on hard. Yet this is one of the tougher ones. The defense is just perfect for the AI in this one. Which is why it seems to be tougher than the others. The AI has little to do since it already sits on the right areas. It therefore just shots the crap out of you like fish in a barrel. With bonus AP and CAP it only adds to the pain. But I'll give you a hint. Use smoke to block its good site lines.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Just curious. - 5/11/2012 4:40:34 AM   
stormbringer3

Thanks.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 3
RE: Just curious. - 5/11/2012 8:57:04 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

Once you know how to play the game you should be able to win that one easy, even on hard. Yet this is one of the tougher ones. The defense is just perfect for the AI in this one. Which is why it seems to be tougher than the others. The AI has little to do since it already sits on the right areas. It therefore just shots the crap out of you like fish in a barrel. With bonus AP and CAP it only adds to the pain. But I'll give you a hint. Use smoke to block its good site lines.

This is what makes me a touch uneasy with regards to whether this is a game worth buying for single player only. If I was a multilayer gamer I'd be all over it.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 4
RE: Just curious. - 5/11/2012 9:49:34 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

This is what makes me a touch uneasy with regards to whether this is a game worth buying for single player only. If I was a multilayer gamer I'd be all over it.

isnt what the OP said an indication of good AI? surely exactly what youd want in a SP game

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Just curious. - 5/11/2012 4:33:30 PM   
Lebatron

I think a game like this is the perfect breakthrough game for those that fundamentally stick to solo games only but may try out playing with others. When it is so easy to start a game up and instead of selecting the AI you can instead add a real thinking human being in its place easily adds so much to it's longevity. Why would a solo player not want that easy option? To shy to have to occasionally text a hello to your selected opponent? You don't have to be talkative if you don't want to be. Heck, I don't care if my opponent doesn't want to text. A simple Hi at the beginning and a GG (for good game) at the conclusion is fine with me. Heck, the company that made this game could make the AI do as much. Perhaps that is needed? A little fake communication to make it appear a real human is at the other. Maybe that would prime some of the shy ones to try the opponent finder thing built into this game.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Just curious. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI