Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

X Com - Enemy Unknown

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> X Com - Enemy Unknown Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X Com - Enemy Unknown - 5/10/2012 7:26:43 PM   
J P Falcon

There are two decendants from the original X Com game that are in the works which I'm really looking forward too. The first is Xenonauts which has now appeared on Kickstarter and the second has taken the original name. Thankfully COH, and boardgaming will keep me very busy until these two appear.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts?ref=category

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/
Post #: 1
RE: X Com - Enemy Unknown - 5/10/2012 8:01:18 PM   
Perturabo

"X-Com Enemy Unknown" is a massive decline. You can only control 6 soldiers and you start with 4. Unlimited ammo, low weapon damages, etc.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 2
RE: X Com - Enemy Unknown - 5/10/2012 8:02:53 PM   
J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

"X-Com Enemy Unknown" is a massive decline. You can only control 6 soldiers and you start with 4. Unlimited ammo, low weapon damages, etc.

I did not know this so I'll tread carefully once it is released to see what it can or cannot do.....

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 3
RE: X Com - Enemy Unknown - 5/10/2012 8:24:29 PM   
Perturabo

There is a lot of articles in the internets about its "improvements" over the old series. There are also game videos on youtube.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 4
RE: X Com - Enemy Unknown - 5/10/2012 9:00:49 PM   
doomtrader

You can grab the Xenonauts now, and there is even the demo to try the game. IMHO worth all the money if you were a fan of he original game from Microprose.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 5
RE: X Com - Enemy Unknown - 5/10/2012 11:19:43 PM   
Perturabo

Just played a quick battle and and:

+Had 2 soldiers one-shot killed.
+Graphics are pretty.
+Interface is improved over UFO.
-Sounds are too soft. UFO had brutal death cries and alien weapon sounds.
-Lags and glitches on Wine. I wish they'd make a native Linux version, but it's probably not in plans.
-Had over ten reaction shoots fired at my soldiers, only two of them hit.
-Had to shoot the basic humanoid alien 3 times to kill it. It happened two times with rifle.
?The AI never fired at me during their turn.

Anyway, it looks promising.

Too bad I'm out of job now. So many promising games having pre-orders and kickstarters...

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 5/10/2012 11:20:56 PM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> X Com - Enemy Unknown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI