Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anti tank guns feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> Anti tank guns feedback Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anti tank guns feedback - 5/10/2012 7:07:56 PM   
heckler

So, my friend and I play h2h campaigns, and one of the things we are looking to tweak is the good old medium/heavy anti tank gun.

They seem to die pretty quickly to mortars as well as direct fire. I've seen this discussion on the WaR forums, but wanted to bounce my thoughts off the community, and see if anything bounced back!

What seems simplest is to make them all able to go into buildings-I believe there is a 'size' element to each, and interior walls would make for some limiters-I don't want a 8,8 Flak in a cottage, but in a factory or barn would be ok. That would certainly help with the mortar issue, and direct fire as well (I think)...

We've talked about limiting mortar ammo, but that one feels a little awkward yet, as in other situations only having a fire mission or two would feel very limiting. Though I am taking out the damaging effects of non-WP smoke (grrr...).

My last idea (right now) is improving the dug position. Overhead cover wasn't unprecedented, and maybe making the all around cover better would improve the odds in the head on firefight.

Ok, open for discussion! Would love to hear what you fine folks of the forum (FFotF) think!
Post #: 1
RE: Anti tank guns feedback - 5/10/2012 7:27:59 PM   
Steve McClaire

I think the easiest way to toughen up guns would be to add a few mm of armor all around for the AT guns in vehicles.txt.  If you too much armor you'll make the crew invulnerable to small arms fire, though.

Increasing the protection of the gun pit element, as well as giving it some top protection, seems reasonable for what you want to accomplish.  There are a lot of places guns can't dig in though.

Changing all guns to allow setting up in buildings is a bit problematic.  You'd actually have to change the team types of the gun teams to the 'light' (light infantry gun, flak, AT, etc) type for this to be possible.  There is a team type check that prevents guns of medium or heavy type from being placed inside buildings.  Doing this will potentially affect what guns a Battelgroup will field by default, and how the AI may consider using them -- though this is not a concern if you're planning for strictly multi-player against another person.

(in reply to heckler)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> Anti tank guns feedback Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI