Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Legends 1.7.0.6 - Editor error with colony containing rare resources.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Legends 1.7.0.6 - Editor error with colony containing rare resources. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Legends 1.7.0.6 - Editor error with colony containing r... - 5/10/2012 2:41:02 AM   
Bebop Cola

My homeworld has 100% development, +5% for the presence of gold(Human race), +30% for the presence of a Wonder(tested with multiple wonders, happens with any of them). So a total of 135%.

With just the above list of modifiers I can still edit the planet. I can build additional wonders and it does not change the development rating or cause issues. However, the moment I get one of the rare resources such as Zentabia Fluid or Korabbian Spice(and their resulting +30% to planet development) I receive an error when I try to edit the planet. JIT error text is:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '165' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at DistantWorlds.Main.nF1igOtFZ4yql6dgQIF(Object , Decimal )
at DistantWorlds.Main.At1VgPwxYB()
at DistantWorlds.Main.vflVOMg5Tj(Habitat )
at DistantWorlds.Main.qQ3HY9VG2i(Int32 , Int32 )
at DistantWorlds.Main.vc2SOoIqgP(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I lose access to the rare resources and wait for the stockpiles to drain off my planet, the development rating drops back down to 135% and I can once again access the planet in the editor.

This only seems to happen if I have both a Wonder/ruin and the rare resource. One or the other and there are no issues. I'm not sure if the problem is a result of 165% simply being too large of a value for the editor to handle.

I can pretty much re-produce this at will, so please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Edit: I played around with removing all my wonders then adding a ruin that I could slowly tweak up the bonus rating on. It looks like the magic number is 160%. After that the editor barfs.

< Message edited by Bebop Cola -- 5/10/2012 2:56:37 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Legends 1.7.0.15 - Editor error with planet at high... - 6/18/2012 2:07:18 AM   
Bebop Cola

This still appears to be happening with 1.7.0.15. Wekkarus planets with an Underwater Palace and access to one of the rare resources can have 190% development. Attempting to use the editor on such a planet returns the following error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '190' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at DistantWorlds.Main.04gZM5n2dqleccnHH3e(Object , Decimal )
at DistantWorlds.Main.ecPjy4l5Wv()
at DistantWorlds.Main.Y17jUDUKBZ(Habitat )
at DistantWorlds.Main.g4MfBbSspk(Int32 , Int32 )
at DistantWorlds.Main.4wogonnqjZ(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 2
RE: Legends 1.7.0.15 - Editor error with planet at high... - 7/13/2012 2:37:07 AM   
elliotg

Thanks for this report. This is fixed in the next update

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 3
RE: Legends 1.7.0.15 - Editor error with planet at high... - 7/13/2012 6:04:45 AM   
Bebop Cola

Much appreciated!

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Legends 1.7.0.6 - Editor error with colony containing rare resources. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI