Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

print out OOB's?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> print out OOB's? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
print out OOB's? - 5/9/2012 4:18:53 PM   
ETF

Can one print out the OOB's of a given scenario?

oh where is the forum for panther games battle of the bulge one. Must be blind can't seem to locate it?

Thanks

My Top Matrix Games 1)CMANO 2) War In the East/Pacific AE 3) Ageod's ACW 4) Panther Games

Twitter PC Wargamer
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations
Post #: 1
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/9/2012 5:56:01 PM   
Lieste

It is in the 'new games section at the top' ^^^^ waaaay up there.

You can't see all the unit data etc easily but you can export a list of formations etc from the scn editor.

(Export to clipboard).

You can also export the forces to an XML file, though I don't recall if there was any different/additional info, and the clipboard is useful for bulk-changing names/strengths etc, which is otherwise a fiddle.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/9/2012 6:05:01 PM   
Lieste

Any particular scenario/format you'd like? I have to sit about in waiting rooms/at hospitals a fair bit over the next few weeks and could turn around a few 'nicer' TOE sheets - so long as you don't want "All of them, Yesterday"

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/9/2012 9:01:07 PM   
ETF

Wow that would be great. Looking to take this to our Wargaming CON - crowd. Having a few players fill out 15-30 minute orders on cards and then the CPU chap will implement them on the computer. Have it up on projector and then run the turn.Thought it would be nice to provide the battalion OOB's to the players. Which scenario do people recommend that would look nice on the big screen? The battle of the bulge maps look kinda too brownish for me. We have a 2-3 hours of real time to complete the scenario. I have all the panther games.

Export your favorite for me if you could. Thanks so much.

Sorry about the hospital visit. Hope things work ok

Formats PDF would be good or EXCEL/Word what ever looks the best or ease of use for you.

My Top Matrix Games 1)CMANO 2) War In the East/Pacific AE 3) Ageod's ACW 4) Panther Games

Twitter PC Wargamer

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 4
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/9/2012 9:36:07 PM   
Lieste

Nothing too bad. Just an ophthalmology follow-up and some unrelated assessments. I expect to do hours of sitting about with nothing to do or anywhere to go, so was going to take my laptop with me (no wireless stuff, or modem, so it won't have any more effect than the desktop the receptionist is sat behind, so she can bite me if she says I can't have it ).

Tell me your game/scenario, and who gets what forces, and I'll pretty up something... Allies or Germans?? I can do a nice Gliderung for you in authentic German symbols, or stick with App6a style symbols (I can't (easily) do the Corps/Army flags in App6a, but I could see whether the German font 'works' for those)?

App6 is possibly easier to work with, but there is something cool about the presentation of unit & equipment that the Germans and Russians used.

Can do PDF (use InDesign for text layout usually), or Word/Excel/Photoshop image... whatever suits your porpoise.

What is your timescale? When is the event?

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 5
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/9/2012 11:24:18 PM   
ETF

Well the even is MIGSCON in Canada and would be on Saturday. But no rush could always use it at next years CON. Ok will look for some decent scenarios. I guess the battle of the bulge looks good. Hmmm give me 10-15 pls :)

Thanks man!

Twitter PC Wargamer

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 6
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 12:07:34 AM   
ETF

How about Dinant - Do or Die?

If you live in the Toronto area or visit I owe you dinner and drinks!

Twitter PC Wargamer

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 7
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 12:13:46 AM   
Lieste

I'll turn round at least a formatted list - if I have time I can add the fonts/icons, but you can have them for next go.

Any break down of commands etc? or leave that to you? I haven't looked at the OOB yet.
Also for which side(s), German/Allied/Both?

Notation of equipment (major) holdings?

Assume "As Germans..."
Which Reinforcement Schedule? 'Historical' ?

< Message edited by Lieste -- 5/10/2012 12:18:05 AM >

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 8
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 12:27:10 AM   
ETF

It would be the German......about 2-3 players. Equal commands. I am already excited about this!!!

Twitter PC Wargamer

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 9
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 12:36:11 AM   
Lieste

Well. I'm structuring the list now. See how it breaks down... I presume you want to have everyone busy from as early as possible, and add extra forces to their portfolio later? Or would you rather have one player 'loaded up' while the next is chomping at the bit for his slice? Starting force is the single Aufklarung Bataillon - nothing until H+5, then again at H+8. More at H+13 and H+16.

Seems to be two main inputs of forces - Day 1 and then again on Day 3, with only two Bn arriving Day 2. I'll figure something out... with the arrival times and force strengths...

Altogether there are ~18 force groups entered in the OOB. So that looks good for a 3 way split...

I'm tempted to get all three players mixed into cooperating in each sector, rather than spread out into left/right/centre - it maximises the potential for amusing friction/misunderstandings... but you might prefer a more coherent arrangement.

< Message edited by Lieste -- 5/10/2012 12:41:36 AM >

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 10
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 12:41:46 AM   
ETF

Yes would like all to get into the action as soon as possible even forces.....hmm maybe that scenario wasn't the best. How about hmmm what was it Pieper crossing the Meuse?

< Message edited by ETF -- 5/10/2012 12:42:05 AM >

Twitter PC Wargamer

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 11
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 12:44:06 AM   
Lieste

One of the 'wider-front' OTAG scenarios might be better than a reinforcement-to-death one.

I had fun with "Stuck In The Teeth"... "Hofen" is Probably too Small... "Nobody Comes Back"?

Ooo.. "Race For Bastogne" - lots of movement... slow infantry slog, but plenty of armour late in the play once the bridges are up. Plenty that can go wrong.

< Message edited by Lieste -- 5/10/2012 12:47:25 AM >

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 12
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 2:10:09 AM   
Lieste

On the other hand... Dinant or Die isn't as bad as it could be... there are three routes, one receiving a PzGrRgt and the Korps HQ (18 units) on day 1/13:30 (H+8.5), a second receiving 8 at the same time, with 17 by 18:00 and 22 by 01:00. The Third route is the main one, and receives the PzD HQ plus PzGr Rgt at D1/10:00 (H+5.5) (23 units) - more pile in behind and this route receives 29 units by 01:00.

There are two further Rgt groups later on Day 3 (H+54 and H+64) of 12 and 9 units each.

At-start forces are ahead of the third and second routes, but are a weak Recon Bn... this could be used to 'learn' on with each player managing one company (or the HQ plus support platoons) until the arrival of 2PzD HQ, when the centre/Korps player could take over the shared control of the recon forces HQ, until their main force arrives 3 hours later. One of the Recon Ko could remain under the control of the left flank group throughout.

You could use the brief window when only one major grouping is in play to ensure that (both/all-three) are up to speed on what options are available, and how the intel/order scheme is working, plus preparing decisions on how to employ their future forces - the relative strength of each can be assessed and division of the right hand column into two could be considered (possibly allowing a fourth player? - or right hand could be one player and left and centre the other.

Not really sure - I've never run something like this ~ so I'm a little unsure how easily this will run, and how much a typical CON goer will pick up or how fast.... advantage that the program UI and control is handled by one experienced user though...

Or you could divide tasks ~ command supply & intel/first echelon/reserves & artillery. But I suspect that will only work with the 'right' sort of player.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 13
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 7:16:59 AM   
Lieste

Can't post any sensible files here, so I've started a thread in the Command Ops forum/Scenarios and Mods further up the page.

Please try to look at the file and let me know where you think it should go from there...

Sketch/scribble is useful if you have any ideas at all, allows me to concentrate on technicals, rather than pretties...

Of course I can easily adapt/alter to suit new OOB - I can copy/paste chunks of 'standard' cases quite quickly once they are built the first time, if you have gone off Dinant.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 14
RE: print out OOB's? - 5/10/2012 2:45:28 PM   
ETF

Sure Lieste the scenario choice is fine. I have been away from the panther games for a while. All of the ones certainly mentioned have nice attributes. Will head up to the other forum. Thanks!!

Twitter PC Wargamer

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> print out OOB's? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI