Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CTD following blown bridge

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> CTD following blown bridge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CTD following blown bridge - 5/9/2012 1:01:47 PM   
Marshal Villars

I just blew a bridge as the Germans in the HTTR expansion and within seconds of the "recalculating terrain tables" there was a CTD.
Post #: 1
RE: CTD following blown bridge - 5/9/2012 1:12:44 PM   
Lieste

This seems to happen most often when play speed is higher, it might just be a 'placebo' effect, but you could try hitting 'space' to pause the game while the terrain tables are rebuilt, and then resuming.

Not seen it in the stock scenarios for a few builds, but I did have one on 'bridge construction' this morning in a large custom scenario.

Otherwise, to minimise disruption/lost play, either run with 'save every 20' on, or manually save (before) when you expect bridges to complete or be destroyed.

If you find that one of these saves won't play normally and CTDs, then send it to Arjuna for him to test.
Bridge events are sparse, so it takes a few runs to get even one error...

< Message edited by Lieste -- 5/9/2012 1:16:00 PM >

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 2
RE: CTD following blown bridge - 5/13/2012 10:37:07 PM   
simovitch

I have had this happened to me if I'm rapidly panning or otherwise accessing the UI when a bridge is blown.

I just play with a more gentle touch now when i know an explosion is imminent. I have mentioned this CTD in the developers bug report before so hopefully it will someday get fixed.

simovitch

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> CTD following blown bridge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI