Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 1:48:17 AM   
gamerincol

More work than I can imagine but the result is an amazing gem IMO. Thanks much - like many I have been waiting for a while for this one, and it exceeds expectations for me and I am betting, most. A beautiful work of art is what it is. A deep bow in respect and gratitude for what you amazing artists create for all of us to enjoy so much. May big blessings of huge sales, well deserved $$$, and even more well deserved rest be upon you all!

michael
Post #: 1
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 2:07:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

Thank you!

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gamerincol)
Post #: 2
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 2:10:46 AM   
wodin

It will be awhile before I pick it up, however I also hope i's a big hit for you.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 2:14:40 AM   
ericbabe

Thank you for the very kind words.

The other guys on the team and the volunteer beta testers deserve a lot of the kudos. We worked with great artists for this title; Peter and Patrick both jumped through a lot of hoops to get the art polished up and in the finicky format the game requires, and both put many more hours into the art files than their contracts required. The beta testers are an awesome bunch of guys to work with: they have enormous patience putting up with me as I try to fix things five or six times in a row. Many of them went above and beyond the duties of beta tester to help smooth out the rough edges of the game, more than I can name. Paul Roberts, in particular, was a great help in correcting all my errors and typos in the firefight descriptions. Pip and Pet at Slitherine did a great job getting the server up and running, and in bearing all the rookie mistakes I made in the course of adapting COH to the Slitherine lobby and forum system. Thanks also to Uwe Eickert and Academy Games; Uwe's been a great inspiration, and in the hours we've spent on the phone together he's given me a thousand ideas for little features we can add to the game in patches, expansions, and sequels.

(in reply to gamerincol)
Post #: 4
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 3:08:35 AM   
vonRocko

Thanks to all involved! It looks great and I'm having fun.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 3:08:50 AM   
viperdave

Yes I would also say you guys did an outstanding job. I tried the multiplayer out and it worked great. My question is are the other games like close combat series going to this type of multiplayer system? I have never been able to sync up with another player in those games. Again GREAT JOB!!!!!!

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 3:10:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, the multiplayer system you see here will be in other games as well. The next ones to have it will likely be World in Flames and Close Combat.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to viperdave)
Post #: 7
RE: Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik - 5/9/2012 6:44:22 AM   
Bison36

Really very impressed with the game gentlemen. Well done by all those involved with it's development. Congratulations on an outstanding product!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Great! Thx Eric, Gil, Erik Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI