Note on Physical Copies - v1.1 Update

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Erik Rutins

Note on Physical Copies - v1.1 Update

Post by Erik Rutins »

Due to the additional lead-time required for production, the physical copies come with v1.0 of Conflict of Heroes. The release version is actually v1.1 and an at-release update is available to bring the physical copies up to the v1.1 level. Once you install from your physical copy, just click on the "Check for Update" link in your game menu and it will automatically download and install the latest update.

The v1.1 update addresses a dice camera crash and some camera panning issues that we discovered after creating the physical gold master. v1.1 is the fully up to date release version and we strongly recommend that all players update do it before playing.

Please note that all download copies are already at v1.1 - the release version for download copies is v1.1 so no update is required if you purchased with a download option.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
stormbringer3

RE: Note on Physical Copies - v1.1 Update

Post by stormbringer3 »

Does anyone use Verizon for their Hi-Speed internet and if so, does it work when you "Check for update"? Ever since I changed from dial-up it won't work for me. Erik gave me some help late last year to try and resolve this but nothing worked. I tried multiple titles yesterday to see if any of them would update but no luck. So, it's either Verizon or my PC. I'm asking this here because I always buy physical copy.
Thanks.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Stormbringer,

You can also download it directly from our downloads section if that works better for you:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/424/downloads/
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks Erik. That's what I've had to do. I really like the update feature so its' been frustrating that it worked under dial-up but not under Verizon. That's why I'm asking someone who uses Verizon to let me know if it works for them. If not, then I can put the lean on Verizon for a fix.  
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Have you checked to make sure your firewall (either software or hardware) is not blocking the request by the update application to our server? That is the most likely issue we've encountered when customers report a problem with it.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Yes. That's one the things we tried last year when you were helping me. We tried all the obvious solutions. I don't feel that you need to spend any more of your time on this, you have enough to do especially with a new game launch.
Raikkonen

Post by Raikkonen »

I have the same problem. I am using what originally were Verizon FiOS lines, and Verizon was the ISP, but the lines were sold to company called FairPoint a few years ago. The check for update does not work for me either.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Tommict thanks. I'm on the wireless connection because of no DSL, FIOS, cable etc. due to the rural area that I live in. However, if you have had no luck with a Verizon now FairPoint connection the odds go up that it's a Verizon issue. I'd love to hear from anyone who is using Verizon wireless.
Thanks. 
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Erik, since you've been so helpful I thought I'd tell you the latest. I again tried to update all my titles and suddenly my two newest titles, Panzer Corps and Unity of Command, are willing to update. I got a prompt stating a newer version (of update I think) is available, please restart. When I again hit update, these two games will update. However all my older titles, WiTE, Hannibal etc. still will not update.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”