Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone up for a GC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Anyone up for a GC? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone up for a GC? - 5/7/2012 5:38:25 AM   
notenome

So yeah, been gone for a long time. My last GC was with comradeP way back when but we had to put that in indefinite hold as the Axis were really handicapped and underperforming (I was playing Soviet but still).

Anyone up for a GC? As I haven't played in like 2 years I'll be taking soviets. We can agree on house rules to keep each other sane.
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone up for a GC? - 5/8/2012 3:27:51 AM   
notenome

Hello?

Am I doing something wrong? Most offers get picked up pretty fast, did I offend some sensibilities?

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone up for a GC? - 5/8/2012 1:53:31 PM   
RCH

It's not you. You'll get a bite, someone will come along. Many players are tired of playing a GC that doesn't get past the blizzard and very rarely gets to 1943.

The 1941 blizzard has ended more games than any other single event. It is completely unhistorical, but in the games introduction the Soviet player is told that he gets that time for pay back. So in the devs insistence that they will not make a Axis fantasy game they have hard coded in a Soviet fantasy; and then they tell the players that they do not know how to play the game.

Its hard to understand why the devs expect to sell copies of this game when the biggest game killer is a unhistorical 1941 blizzard that they have hard coded in.

After 1942 there is little reason or interest for some Axis players to keep playing. I'm a good sport and will play on, but when the steamroller comes in full force the game becomes rather dull. It is like a college football team lining up against a high school team and whipping them every down.

Not meant to be a high jack just answering your concern.

< Message edited by RCH -- 5/8/2012 1:57:29 PM >

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone up for a GC? - 5/9/2012 6:28:18 PM   
notenome

Is anybody out there?... Feel so lonely...

(in reply to RCH)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone up for a GC? - 5/9/2012 7:50:34 PM   
M60A3TTS

I thought you were going to play baba.

As RCH says, it may take a day or two, but you'll get someone.  The lack of people willing to play the Axis is not as bad as some make it out to be.

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone up for a GC? - 5/9/2012 8:30:49 PM   
bigbaba

you got a PM, notenome.

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 5/9/2012 8:35:11 PM >

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Anyone up for a GC? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI