Matrix Games Forums

Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie. - 5/7/2012 1:23:43 AM   
Champagne

I'm playing PBEM for the first time. It's against an old friend.

Is there some way for me to complete only part of my turn, then save the game, and then return later to the game to complete my turn from where I left off?

I used the search feature but found no answer.

Thanks.

Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie. - 5/7/2012 5:10:21 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Champagne

I'm playing PBEM for the first time. It's against an old friend.

Is there some way for me to complete only part of my turn, then save the game, and then return later to the game to complete my turn from where I left off?

I used the search feature but found no answer.

Thanks.

Refer to:

3.3 resume play by e-Mail (pBeM) Game
Clicking on the Resume PBEM Game button brings up a stand-ard Load window. Select your saved game and click “Open” to play.If you choose to play by e-mail, the game will automati -cally prompt you to create PBEM game files for your opponent at the appropriate times. These files are similar to saved game files, but they include some additional information and have a “PBL” file extension. Send the PBEM file to your opponent when your Turn is finished. You may continue your Turn using the PBEM file he sends back in response. Another save file is simultaneously created when the PBL file is written; this file will have the same file name that you gave the PBL file, but will have a “SAL” file ex-tension instead. DO NOT send this SAL file to your opponent, unless you want to give him some free intelligence. This file is for your use only, should you wish to view the status of the battlefield at the conclusion of your Turn. You may load this file at any time by selecting Resume Saved Game from the first control screen displayed when TOAW III is started.When you begin the game you will be asked for a password. You will need this password to continue the game from the PBEM file returned by your opponent. Keep your password secret from your opponent to prevent him from viewing information that should not be available to him. You will be given an opportunity to view a playback of your opponent’s Turn when you load a PBEM game.

There are certain restrictions on PBEM games. Variable Initiative
(see section 10.1) is locked out, so the order of play will never
change during a Scenario. You will need your opponent’s password if you decide to end the Scenario early, so it is only possible to end a Scenario if both players agree. Finally, while the undo
function is functional during PBEM games it does leave a record in the playback. If you undo an action in a PBEM game you should be prepared to explain your reasons to your opponent!

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Champagne)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie. - 5/7/2012 6:09:59 AM   
Champagne

Thanks, Colonel Klink ! I wish that you could hear my imitation of Klink saying "Schuuuuuuuuultz ! " and waving his baton. It's quite good.

I had indeed previously read that passage from the manual before I posted my questionl, but, alas, the solution did not sink in. I will re-read that paragraph and very carefully and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again !

Only the dead have seen the end of War.

-- Plato

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie. - 5/7/2012 7:28:39 AM   
shunwick

Champagne,

Just save the game as you normally would. Load it back in as you normally would. It is only when you end your turn that the PBL file is created.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Champagne)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> PBEM Question from PBEM Newbie. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI