Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) - 5/6/2012 11:33:54 AM   
Hanzberger

I am finally about to embark onto my first PBEM game.
My opponent wants a rule of 'one strike on the first strike' rule. location can vary

What is your thoughts/experiences on this?
Thanks
Scen 1

I think if it was Scen 2 I would just accept this.

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
Post #: 1
RE: First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) - 5/6/2012 12:35:28 PM   
armin

I would advise you to limit the one strike rule only if you choose PH.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2
RE: First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) - 5/6/2012 5:15:22 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

I am finally about to embark onto my first PBEM game.
My opponent wants a rule of 'one strike on the first strike' rule. location can vary

What is your thoughts/experiences on this?
Thanks
Scen 1

I think if it was Scen 2 I would just accept this.

Hanzberger,

My default is for port strikes on turn 1 only on one side of the international date line. If he wants to use KB to blast Hawaii, then he doesn't get freebie port strikes on Manila on turn one and vice versa.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 3
RE: First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) - 5/6/2012 5:31:42 PM   
Hanzberger

So basically, pick a port and bombs away, right CB? I can live with that. But how many days?

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) - 5/6/2012 6:04:53 PM   
Chickenboy

IMO, the Western (Asian) side of the international dateline would permit port strikes on Singapore, Hong Kong and Manila with whatever means necessary. Obviously, PH would be the port du jour on the Eastern (North American) side of the international date line.

If you are doing 1 day turns, then the duration of attacks is at the IJ player's discretion. If you are doing two day turns, you may have to arrange some 'accomodation' to allow IJ surprise on day one but permit some of the opponent's shipping to get to sea on day 2, as they would have done IRL.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 5
RE: First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) - 5/6/2012 6:07:57 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

So basically, pick a port and bombs away, right CB? I can live with that. But how many days?

A better clarification is only CV strikes at one port. IJN bombers should be able to hit the port or fields in the DEI and PI on day one. You just have to choose if you value hitting aircraft at Clark or subs at Manilla. You won't hit many, but a few is still nice.

At PH many players go as many as three days. Depends on which mod you're playing. A DBB mod and I would only hit PH once as the flak would hurt for day two. But Scen 1 or 2 vanilla many players stay 2-3 days. You just risk the usual forays out at your CVs with multiple DD and PT TFs plus the subs.

If you go to Manilla you'll most likely only get one good day no matter what, as everything else will bug out.

Good luck and I think you'll really enjoy PBEM. It gets the blood flowing a bit more when you watch the replays!

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> First strike thoughts PBEM (opinions needed) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI