Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? - 5/4/2012 9:52:55 PM   
T-28A

Hi guys,

The question inspired by Fascist Dog's intro thread. Are there any scenarios you hate to play for one side, but love to play for other one? Or, if you are a regular Axis fanboy, were there any scenarios that were extremely interesting for you to play Allies (and vice versa)? And the most important - why?
HttR, BftB or CotA - it doesn't matter.

Best regards

RE: Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? - 5/6/2012 10:41:01 AM   
Fascist Dog

No bites yet? I am still quite new to this game but I'm loving playing 'Hell on Wheels Counterattack' as the German side. I think I'm close to getting a minor victory this time around with no help for the Germans. But it's touch and go on Day 2.

(in reply to T-28A)
Post #: 2
RE: Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? - 5/7/2012 6:30:53 PM   
TK421__

I love Meuse to the Rhine as Allies - I did my first ever AAR on it

Played it as the Germans and found it too easy though - kept XXX Corps out of Nijmegen without too much effort and as a result I completely destroyed 1st Para Div to a man

(in reply to Fascist Dog)
Post #: 3
RE: Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? - 5/8/2012 1:19:37 AM   
Lieste

Either Side:

Tutorial - nice simple relaxing 'dismantling and destruction of 12VGD/Peiper' or a Struggle to stop 4th Armd from making progress. The Germans have a far harder time, but can win just as convincingly if not so comprehensively.

As Germans:
Hofen Ho Down - simple quick battle, infantry assault into mechanised defence... which can so easily go wrong. Managed well victory is achievable most runs.
Nobody Comes Back - harder, more ground to cover through delaying screen, and against thickening defences.
Stuck In The Teeth - again, a foot attack against a (partially) motorised defence - this time with assault crossing after the delaying screen... fewer reinforcements, but still challenging to keep to the schedule without burning out the troops.
Race For Bastogne - this time you have motorised forces too - yay! but a lot longer to drive - I also made a variant of this with revised Estab and terrain data that I tested many times.

Americans:
Hmm... don't find most very engaging.

British:
Terror of the Tyne Tees - was uncertain for much of the time, though eventually it started to fall apart for the Germans.
Afwaterings Canal - in the later platoon scale.

Australians:
Merdjayoun - particularly with the extended time scale and changing composition of both forces. Again one I heavily modified.

Now, I can't claim to have given every scenario a fair shout - I often replay my 'favourites', my own edited/created scenarios (with changed Estabs/terrain tables) or a specific scenario trying to replicate a bug for Arjuna. I certainly haven't played all scenarios from both sides

(in reply to TK421__)
Post #: 4
RE: Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? - 5/9/2012 9:37:56 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TK421__

I love Meuse to the Rhine as Allies ...

I played that as the Allies as well and barely earned a minor defeat; my first landings were too weak to take most of their objectives, and my reinforcements got hung-up at the bottle neck at Nijmegen; after they finally broke through, they were too spent to make it into Arnhem.

I did take and hold the Rail Bridge, for what it was worth.

Has anyone else had better luck with this scenario?

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to TK421__)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Worst and best scenarios to play by specific side? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI