Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chitose Betty Detachment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Chitose Betty Detachment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 1:02:49 PM   
treespider

Has anyone ever gotten the two plane Chitose Detachment of Betty's stationed at Roi At-Start to fly a mission? For as long as I can remember I do not think I have ever been able to get this unit to fly a mission.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Post #: 1
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 2:58:30 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Has anyone ever gotten the two plane Chitose Detachment of Betty's stationed at Roi At-Start to fly a mission? For as long as I can remember I do not think I have ever been able to get this unit to fly a mission.

I think I got them to recon Wake, but not sure. Never got them to attack.

The Moose

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 2
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 4:10:16 PM   
armin

A. You increase airfield size.
B. You deliver avation engineers group on island.
C. You move the group to another island.
D. Change HQ.

If you dont play realistical game odds are truk and kwaj are destroyed in the first two weeks in december. Many players like to do that which leads japanese player limited to baolbab defense until US starts to push more north.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 4:16:05 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: armin

A. You increase airfield size.
B. You deliver avation engineers group on island.
C. You move the group to another island.
D. Change HQ.

If you dont play realistical game odds are truk and kwaj are destroyed in the first two weeks in december. Many players like to do that which leads japanese player limited to baolbab defense until US starts to push more north.

I know how to play the game...I was on the design team...just saying that I do not think I have ever gotten this particular unit to ever fly a mission.

Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to armin)
Post #: 4
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 4:52:42 PM   
JWE

Hello Spiderman,

um, becasue there's only 1 plane in the unit (max of 2). On opening day, it's set to recon Wake which, depending on the initial random seed, it may or may not do. Same random seed applies to anything else one might have this 1 plane unit do. Don't know why it is even there. I would roll it back into Chitise Ku K-1 and give those guys a reserve plane.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 5
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 6:29:08 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Hello Spiderman,

um, becasue there's only 1 plane in the unit (max of 2). On opening day, it's set to recon Wake which, depending on the initial random seed, it may or may not do. Same random seed applies to anything else one might have this 1 plane unit do. Don't know why it is even there. I would roll it back into Chitise Ku K-1 and give those guys a reserve plane.

Yuse guys be misinterprettin what I be sayin....

Say its like the 83rd turn and the unit has two planes and is sitting at Rabaul (currently lvl 3) with plenty of supply and aviation support and its ordered to Recon Port Moresby...and just won't fly

Or say its like the 15th turn and its sitting at Truk and ordered to recon Rabaul....and just won't fly.

Just curious if anyone has actually seen the unit in action, accumulate some fatigue or actually do anything.

It's not like the sky is falling or anything...just curious.

Here's a link to:

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 6
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 8:10:41 PM   
Atilla60

quote:

quote:

Hello Spiderman,

Say its like the 83rd turn and the unit has two planes and is sitting at Rabaul (currently lvl 3) with plenty of supply and aviation support and its ordered to Recon Port Moresby...and just won't fly

Or say its like the 15th turn and its sitting at Truk and ordered to recon Rabaul....and just won't fly.

Just curious if anyone has actually seen the unit in action, accumulate some fatigue or actually do anything.

Actually I used them to recon Wake during the first 3 days or so - Currently my PBEM is in late December 1942, so it's been awhile - But I remember using them to get Intel.
Oh, and yes, they did fly :)

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
-Sir Winston Churchill-

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 7
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 8:13:28 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

Hello Spiderman,

In my first game as Japanese, and I clearly forgot this unit. I didn't know it wouldn't fill out. FWIW this is what it looks like in 4/42. It's searching, a little, and has a little fatigue. Certainly hasn't attacked anything. Until your post I had not clooked at it in months. Too much other stuff I'm screwing up.

Attachment (1)

The Moose

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 8
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 9:44:43 PM   
treespider

Thanks guys must be me...

Now that I think of it there is a small Allied unit in the Philippines At-Start that I've never been able to do anything with either...IIRC they are equipped with B-10s.

Here's a link to:

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 9
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 11:04:57 PM   
JeffK

Have you got tracker up?

Should be able to check the pilots to see if their missions are increasing.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 10
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/4/2012 11:41:29 PM   
Mike Solli

I keep all my turns. I'll check the early game to see their stats and compare them with the current turn.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 11
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/5/2012 3:05:58 AM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

Have you got tracker up?

Interesting ....

What I do not understand is why the Pilot shows fatigue but the unit consistently has 0?

Attachment (1)

Here's a link to:

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 12
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/5/2012 3:55:22 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

Hello Spiderman,

I've run about 60 turns and haven't seen it do anything. I eventually rolled it back into the main group.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 13
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/5/2012 5:41:36 AM   
Kull

quote:

Thanks guys must be me...

Now that I think of it there is a small Allied unit in the Philippines At-Start that I've never been able to do anything with either...IIRC they are equipped with B-10s.

As the veteran of many early Allied starts, I can promise you they definitely fly. Problem is they seem to be constructed out of cardboard because between attrition and pathetic 1941 Japanese flak, they don't last long. Somebody should mod up a unit with 30 of those things just to see how bad they really are.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 14
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/5/2012 7:00:54 AM   
michaelm

IIRC, there is usually a minimum level of planes needed to perform missions - I think is >1.

Michael

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 15
RE: Chitose Betty Detachment - 5/5/2012 7:40:05 AM   
inqistor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

Have you got tracker up?

Interesting ....

What I do not understand is why the Pilot shows fatigue but the unit consistently has 0?

Even more interesting is that one of pilots shows fatigue, yet he have 0 missions

And...
Tracker shows only ONE pilot, and obviously it is the one non-flying, because group shows 80 exp

(OK, this Ohara guy could be fresh transfer. Are you sure he was not flying in other unit?)

< Message edited by inqistor -- 5/5/2012 7:45:25 AM >

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Chitose Betty Detachment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI