Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pwhex Files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pwhex Files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pwhex Files - 5/3/2012 11:15:39 PM   
Icedawg

I've read little tidbits here and there about these Pwhex files that limit LCU stacking. Could someone explain what exactly these are and how to install them.

Also, do they work in games against the AI, or just in PBEM?
Post #: 1
RE: Pwhex Files - 5/4/2012 1:15:44 AM   
Icedawg

Okay, I now have the pwexe, pwzlink and pwzone files downloaded. (Thanks for the link ny59giants.)

Now, do I use all three of these, or just the pwexe files? I went to the Bigbabes website and found some instructions for downloading the extended map, but didn't find anything indicating how to simply install the files required to incorporate the advanced stacking limits.

Anyone able to help here?

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Pwhex Files - 5/4/2012 2:02:16 AM   
Captain Cruft

Put all the files into the game's top-level folder.

The important thing is that all your PBEM opponents use the same files, but if you only play the AI then it should just work.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: Pwhex Files - 5/4/2012 2:27:47 AM   
ny59giants

The three Pwhex files go into the main AE folder and replace the existing ones. You need either the last beta or the last official patch to use the stacking limits and their consequences. There are sets for both stock map and extended map, make sure you use the correct ones.

The extended map is good for only select mods.

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 4
RE: Pwhex Files - 5/4/2012 2:53:08 AM   
Icedawg

Thanks guys.

I just copied the files into the game's main folder, restarted the game and it seems to be working fine (as I mouse over hexes, I'm getting the new info about stacking levels). Another instance illustrating just how helpful this community is.

Just out of curiousity, what are those other two files (pwzlink and pwzone)? I'm assuming that since the pwhexe file is so much larger than the others that it must be the actual hex stacking data, but what are the others for?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pwhex Files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI