Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning - 5/3/2012 4:35:42 AM   
jakla1027

My Fellow Commanders, here's the situation

After Holding Burma against the initial Japanese attack we have slowly built up a force worthy of a counter attack. It is currently March 15, 1943.

The current objective is firm from the higher ups!
1st: To attack south towards Moulmien.
2nd: After taking Moulmien we are to proceed south to Tavoy.
3rd: Following the establishment of a base at Tavoy, we are to proceed on to Mergui & cut across the peninsula toward Prachuap Khiri Khan.
This offensive is designed to give us bases closer to Bangkock, Singapore, & Saigon thus enabling future air & ground operations in the region. By doing so we will be able to bring our long range heavy bombers into range of the vital Dutch East Indies oil fields the Japs rely on for fuel and into range of Jap shipping lanes in the South China Sea. Hopefully this will all accumulate into the retaking of Singapore by our troops. Also from these bases the Higher ups wish to be able to tie down large numbers of Jap units that could be used elsewhere.

Ground Forces Available:
As of this date we have been able to muster a mixed British/Indian/Dutch force consisting of 8 full equipped divisions each averaging about 4,300 Front line troops. (2Br, 5Ind, 1Du,) Also we have been able to receive 2 fully equipped (very green) Chinese Corps consisting about 12,000 front line troops per Corps. In support of this sizable force we have 4 Arty Rgt. & 1 Armored Brg.

Air Assets:
Currently we have complete air superiority over the planed offensive region.
Air Support consistes of the following
Fighter support: 7 full eq. Sqd.
Dive Bombers for Ground attack: 6 full eq. Sqd.
Level Bombers for Ground attack: 3 full eq. Sqd plus another 10 full eq. sqd training in India around Callcuta.
Aviation support is more than efficient at both Rangoon & Pegu air bases, so our squadron can operate at there maximum efficiency.

Naval Support:
Virtually no Naval support is available in the region, so don't count on receiving any help from the Royal Navy, except a couple Heavy Cruisers and Destroyers from Coloumbo for possible bombardment sorties. (That's if their not enjoying their rum rations too much!)

Supplies:
Our forces are well stocked, Rangoon currently has 266,629 supplies, with another 50,000+ plus incoming from Cape town. Our supply lines are well established and our units have plenty of support from our numorus BF in Rangoon & Pegu.

Intel:
Aerial Recon and Intel shows around 64,000 enemy troops, 384 guns, & 80 AFV based in and around Moulmien. Also another 22,000 enemy troops have been reported to be just north-east of Moulmien, about 96 miles east of Pegu based in the Jungle under "poor supply"

Well that's it Gentlemen, the date to start this operation is scheduled for May 1, 1943. I'm looking forward to all the plans & suggestions you draw up for this offensive. Once we have looked over options of how to proceed I'll pick the most viable battle plan & send it up the chain of command for final aprovement.

Thanks at now we've got plenty of work to do, so lets get cracking!!!
Dismissed
Post #: 1
RE: Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning - 5/3/2012 7:11:00 PM   
bjmorgan

Wait until Aug 1945, then nuke them.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 2
RE: Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning - 5/3/2012 7:26:04 PM   
JocMeister

AI or PBEM?

(in reply to bjmorgan)
Post #: 3
RE: Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning - 5/4/2012 11:09:52 AM   
jakla1027

Against the AI

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Fellow Commanders Needed for Operational Planning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI