Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

COTA Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> COTA Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
COTA Problem - 4/30/2012 1:00:16 PM   
nicwb

Hi Arjuna,

sorry to blast from the past - but I've been playing COTA recently - and the game I've been playing has developed an annoying problem. I've been running Thermopalye Spartans at the pass ves 2 and everytime I hit 21.00 on day 3 the game crashes. I get a message that COTAhas stopped working and Windows will advise me if there is a solution (some hope!)

Any assiatnce would be appreciated.

nicwb
Post #: 1
RE: COTA Problem - 4/30/2012 1:13:06 PM   
Lieste

It isn't necessary to post questions about legacy COTA in the CmdOps forum, Arjuna watches both.

I'll test install COTA on this system. What hardware/windows version are you running? The 'fake' we'll get back to you, troubleshooting placebo makes me think Vista/Win7. XP used to just say 'program has encountered a problem and has to shut down'... you could opt to report the error, but there was no over-sell of how likely you'd ever hear from MS (I have never had a single correspondence about any windows 'fault').

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 2
RE: COTA Problem - 5/1/2012 9:36:24 AM   
nicwb

Thanks Lieste,

as soon as I posted I realised there was still a COTA forum.

Yeah I'm not coonfident about hearing anything usefule from Microsoft - I think their default position is "its the fault of something, anything other than our product."

I'm running Microsoft Windows 7

My hardware is an Alienware Mx18 with an Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2720QM CPU@2.20GHz 2.20GHz processor

8.00GB installed memory and 64 bit operating system.

Hope that helps. Once again thanks.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
RE: COTA Problem - 5/1/2012 12:19:59 PM   
wodin

nicwb, if the scenario turns out to work on other systems my advice would be to keep your saves but uninstall then reinstall.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 4
RE: COTA Problem - 5/1/2012 10:56:41 PM   
Lieste

Does the problem still exist if you make a save at around 18:00 on D3, and load from that point?
If so, can you send the save game from around that time... I haven't had time with other troubleshooting to sit down and play from the beginning, though I have re-installed the program, ready for testing... It would ease the task to run just the save.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: COTA Problem - 5/2/2012 8:26:24 AM   
phoenix

I had that problem too. Just with that scenario, actually. Kept saving just before and I think finally worked out to keep it on slowest speed past the crash point. Maybe you tried this and it's not the same, but I do recall it was only that scenario that CTD.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 6
RE: COTA Problem - 5/2/2012 11:16:10 AM   
nicwb

Thanks everyone.

The crash happened always at 21.00

Lieste, I had a save at 20.57. I tried your approach and created a save at 20.59 and then left it to run - first time through it crashed dead on 21.00. However, on the re-start from the 20.59 save I got through to 21.00 (and nightfall) intact.

Phoenix -thanks- I was running through at the slowest speed (mainly because I was watching a delicate move around Molos).

Wodin thanks for the suggestion - I was going to use that as an emergency ultimate response. Trouble is I would have had to wait a few days, as I'm working away from home and my hard copy of COTA.

nicwb

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 7
RE: COTA Problem - 5/2/2012 2:57:18 PM   
Lieste

So... a triumph for support??

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 8
RE: COTA Problem - 5/3/2012 11:45:29 AM   
nicwb

Most definitely - a good set of practical (and workable solutions)

(and a damn sight quicker than waiting for microthingy)

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> COTA Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI