Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unknown Exception Error in ANW 3.10.1a (NOT the database one)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Unknown Exception Error in ANW 3.10.1a (NOT the database one) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unknown Exception Error in ANW 3.10.1a (NOT the databas... - 4/29/2012 12:42:32 PM   
TerraCanis

To clarify, the error I've been having is not the same one as was previously discussed here.

I have a newly installed HUE and ran the "Falklands War" scenario from Regional Conflicts 2 in ANW 3.10.1a using the "old school" database as a test. All seemed well until about 5 hours of game time had passed, when an "Unknown Exception" error box popped up and the game would not resume. I hadn't tried to access the database or view any pictures. Reloading versions of the session I'd saved a few minutes before all produced the same result - a crash at around 05:06 game time.

I've tried running windowed and full screen, at various screen resolutions, as well as experimenting with compatibility mode. In all cases the results were the same.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------
Operating system: Windows XP Home SP3
Other applications running: none
Anti-virus / firewall: Bullguard 12
Post #: 1
RE: Unknown Exception Error in ANW 3.10.1a (NOT the dat... - 4/29/2012 2:22:38 PM   
Vincenzo Beretta

There were reports of a similar problem. Try to see if this thread helps you: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3073859

Or this video

Let me know if this was helpful

< Message edited by Vincenzo Beretta -- 4/29/2012 2:26:49 PM >

(in reply to TerraCanis)
Post #: 2
RE: Unknown Exception Error in ANW 3.10.1a (NOT the dat... - 4/29/2012 6:40:42 PM   
TerraCanis

Thanks!

The situation shown in the video was what I saw, except that I didn't have any weapons in use at the time. I'll experiment with other databases and see how I get on.

(I already had some issues with the built in database, such as ships that were set up to operate aircraft but with no stores with which to re-arm them, and submarines configured to use chaff as torpedo decoys).

(in reply to Vincenzo Beretta)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Unknown Exception Error in ANW 3.10.1a (NOT the database one) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI