Refuel ships

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Kadrush

Refuel ships

Post by Kadrush »

Hy,

I cant dock my ships on a undeployed refuel ship. That is annoying and not gammey, as you are forced to look for a planet which has the fuel type you need, even if the ships cargo hold is full.

Also, you risk loading the cargo hold with fuel that you dont need, ruining the ship.
onomastikon

RE: Refuel ships

Post by onomastikon »

Deploy the ship!
Vincenzo_Beretta

Post by Vincenzo_Beretta »

Er... how? [:)]

It is the first time I play (I'm already addicted BTW) and I have all the expansions and the latest beta - but I came on the forum to ask how the (BLEEP!) you deploy a refueling ship. I have one attached to my 3rd Fleet and they are all merrily stranded on a remote sysyem.
KnighHawk

Post by KnighHawk »

@vincenzo
Find a planet or star that supplies the ships fuel source and then select the "deploy at xyz" from the task option.
ie.. I have a resupply ship that has a bunch of energy collectors and energy2fuel converters on it, I deploy'em on far flug stars on certain routes as mobile pitstop\monitoring stations. Once deployed the will show up as options to refuel at.

PS - I find them next to useless (unless I outfit them as weapons platforms) to actually keep with fleets for the very reason you mention.

Vincenzo_Beretta

Post by Vincenzo_Beretta »

Wilco. I'm a little surprised, however: the gameflow in DW is rather logic and intuitive, so having a refueling oiler/collier/whatever attached to a fleet as an UNREP platform should be a given.

I think it should be one of the first things addressed in the new patch/iteration.
FlashXAron_slith

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

I sign this ... should be changed ...
now have lots od useless supply ships :-)
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

I'd be all for changing to allow to refuel from an undeployed refueller, BUT even now refuellers are far from useless. I can usually find a nice strategic spot to plant them for deployment, and that is often fun. And they have practically no size restrictions, so once you research them they are a bit like capital ships too. I realize it is not optimal, but still far from "useless".

Return to “Tech Support”