Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Refuel ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Refuel ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Refuel ships - 4/28/2012 4:04:01 PM   
Kadrush

Hy,

I cant dock my ships on a undeployed refuel ship. That is annoying and not gammey, as you are forced to look for a planet which has the fuel type you need, even if the ships cargo hold is full.

Also, you risk loading the cargo hold with fuel that you dont need, ruining the ship.
Post #: 1
RE: Refuel ships - 4/28/2012 8:36:40 PM   
onomastikon

Deploy the ship!

(in reply to Kadrush)
Post #: 2
RE: Refuel ships - 4/29/2012 2:39:18 AM   
Vincenzo Beretta

Er... how?

It is the first time I play (I'm already addicted BTW) and I have all the expansions and the latest beta - but I came on the forum to ask how the (BLEEP!) you deploy a refueling ship. I have one attached to my 3rd Fleet and they are all merrily stranded on a remote sysyem.

FAQ
Harpoon for Dummies
Facebook

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 3
RE: Refuel ships - 4/30/2012 7:52:28 PM   
KnighHawk

@vincenzo
Find a planet or star that supplies the ships fuel source and then select the "deploy at xyz" from the task option.
ie.. I have a resupply ship that has a bunch of energy collectors and energy2fuel converters on it, I deploy'em on far flug stars on certain routes as mobile pitstop\monitoring stations. Once deployed the will show up as options to refuel at.

PS - I find them next to useless (unless I outfit them as weapons platforms) to actually keep with fleets for the very reason you mention.

< Message edited by KnighHawk -- 4/30/2012 7:53:54 PM >

(in reply to Vincenzo Beretta)
Post #: 4
RE: Refuel ships - 4/30/2012 11:30:10 PM   
Vincenzo Beretta

Wilco. I'm a little surprised, however: the gameflow in DW is rather logic and intuitive, so having a refueling oiler/collier/whatever attached to a fleet as an UNREP platform should be a given.

I think it should be one of the first things addressed in the new patch/iteration.

FAQ
Harpoon for Dummies
Facebook

(in reply to KnighHawk)
Post #: 5
RE: Refuel ships - 5/16/2012 12:19:56 PM   
FlashXAron

I sign this ... should be changed ...
now have lots od useless supply ships :-)

(in reply to Vincenzo Beretta)
Post #: 6
RE: Refuel ships - 5/16/2012 1:14:39 PM   
onomastikon

I'd be all for changing to allow to refuel from an undeployed refueller, BUT even now refuellers are far from useless. I can usually find a nice strategic spot to plant them for deployment, and that is often fun. And they have practically no size restrictions, so once you research them they are a bit like capital ships too. I realize it is not optimal, but still far from "useless".

(in reply to FlashXAron)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Refuel ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI