Counter Actions

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a 3D turn-based tactical game where players take command of infantry squads to engage the enemy in intense close combat. Although the combat system is turn-based, the game play can be as fast paced and dynamic as you'd like. Dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keep you constantly engaged while still giving you enough time to make important decisions to change the course of battle!

Moderator: nomet

tgb

Counter Actions

Post by tgb »

Do I understand correctly that only one squad member has to save an action for ALL squad members to take a counter-action if the squad is attacked?
Xerkis

RE: Counter Actions

Post by Xerkis »

Yes, counter actions are on a squad level. All soldiers in the squad will do the same counter action you pick.
tgb

Post by tgb »

But only one squad member has to save an action?
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Yes, that is correct. Only one member does the actual “Save Action” order - But the entire squad (all members) will Save Action.
tgb

Post by tgb »

So wait - If I give, say, the first three squad members orders to take cover or throw a grenade, or whatever, and the fourth saves action, they ALL save action?
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

OK, maybe we are having a communication issue here on terms and definitions within the game. So let me make sure we are talking about the same thing here first. 
My squad is sitting in a defensive position and an enemy squad opens fire on it. After the enemy is finished firing I get the Counter Order screen.
With this screen, you cannot pick orders for each soldier in your squad like you can when it is a normal turn for that squad. You only get to pick one order for the entire squad and that’s all. It is for all of the soldiers in the squad - not for the soldiers one at a time.

This is the Counter Order Screen you get. Just to make sure we are on the same thing.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I understand that. My question is when giving orders, if only one soldier saves his order, does that negate what the whole squad does?
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

OK, I reread what you said --- a few time ---sorry .... I'm still not awake I guess....

I took you saying Couter orders as being that "Couter Order". and not as setting them up for the next turn.

But I see what you mean now.....

No - with what you are talking about - You will be fine in doing that. each soldier is able to have their own action.

The only thing is that you won't have your entire squad to be able to couter atack though.

sorry for my confustion
[8|]
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Xerkis, you are an amazing proponent of this game, and I salute you. However, it is VERY sad that the developers are not responding to their game on this website. I had such high hopes for this game before it was released. But, when I found out it had no campaign and no missions, I was extremely put off. I understand that the price was reduced because of this, but I'm not buying a game for skirmish battles only. I think the developers really dropped the ball, and released a half completed game.

This is just my opinion, so ignore me if you must. But, I was a day one purchase on this game until I found out it had no campaign.

Oh well. I am going to watch it and see where it goes. Hopefully more content will be added soon.
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Good choice of words.
There “was” a campaign (perhaps not completed) but work was done in that area. It was pulled and “shelved” – hopefully not for too very long though – so as to focus in other areas and to get the game out since the release was delayed. I am convinced though that (assuming there is enough interest, i.e. cash flow) in the game, that a campaign will be put back in to it.

The game is quite amazing when you get to understand the details down deep inside it. Many of which can be overlooked by the casual player. This is as big of a reason as to my love for the game as the sheer fun of the game itself.

It is true that the Devs do seem to be less visible here on Matrix then perhaps they should be – one of the reasons why I try to help out where I can. They are much more active over on the Slitherine forum though. And maybe their lack of visibility here is partly my fault – they know I will be here to help out, so they don’t worry as much about it.
[;)]

I do hope you will give it a try at some point.
[:)]

Return to “Team Assault: Baptism of Fire”