Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SAD airbases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> SAD airbases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SAD airbases - 4/27/2012 9:57:54 PM   
glvaca

I'm at the point where my SAD airbases start disbanding. I knew it would happen but I'm now wondering if I will receive airbases to replace them?
Is anything coming or will I have to do without and have piles of planes in the national reserve?
Post #: 1
RE: SAD airbases - 4/27/2012 10:18:13 PM   
gids

youl get PLENTY of airbases coming up dont worry about it

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 2
RE: SAD airbases - 4/27/2012 10:31:12 PM   
glvaca

ok
Thanks!

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 3
RE: SAD airbases - 4/28/2012 3:14:26 AM   
76mm

IIRC the key to getting more airbases is to make sure that your existing airbases are pretty full, I think 6 air units per base or something. I believe that the rule is in the amended manual.

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 4
RE: SAD airbases - 4/28/2012 5:02:35 AM   
glvaca

good to know, thanks!

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
RE: SAD airbases - 4/28/2012 8:09:43 PM   
Flaviusx

It's like 76mm sez.

The best way to deal with all this is to anticipate it well in advance: I disband every SAD airbase from the getgo and eliminate all of them in the first 3 turns. Turn those guys into riflemen in 1941, there's literally hundreds of thousands of men in these airbases. Then keep the remaining bases at least two thirds full from the rasputitsa onwards.

Leaving it up to the vagaries of 1942 autodisbands will cause you various headaches.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 6
RE: SAD airbases - 4/28/2012 8:36:18 PM   
heliodorus04

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

It's like 76mm sez.

The best way to deal with all this is to anticipate it well in advance: I disband every SAD airbase from the getgo and eliminate all of them in the first 3 turns. Turn those guys into riflemen in 1941, there's literally hundreds of thousands of men in these airbases. Then keep the remaining bases at least two thirds full from the rasputitsa onwards.

Leaving it up to the vagaries of 1942 autodisbands will cause you various headaches.

Yeah, that might inconvenience you the way German withdrawals inconvenience Germany... can't have that...

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 7
RE: SAD airbases - 4/28/2012 8:44:01 PM   
Flaviusx

I wasn't aware that hte Axis lost dozens of airbases by random (not scheduled) withdrawals.

It seems to me, furthermore, that the Axis has more airbases that it needs (the minors in particular, especially Romania) and can do the same exact thing here as the Soviets.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 8
RE: SAD airbases - 4/29/2012 7:52:18 PM   
Farfarer

The SAD bases are just another item in the giant bucket of "crap to disband ASAP". That bucket sets next to the giant bucket of " SU types that will never get built".

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 9
RE: SAD airbases - 7/30/2012 1:42:07 AM   
Sorta

Interesting and I'm learning new words....

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> SAD airbases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI