Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

txt files jumbled

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> txt files jumbled Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
txt files jumbled - 4/27/2012 7:43:49 PM   
heckler

has anyone else found that many of the txt files for TLD are not in the ordered format of say, WaR? And if so, is there a fix for bringing them into a nice left margin aligned workable format? Appreciate any help!
Post #: 1
RE: txt files jumbled - 4/27/2012 10:09:24 PM   
Steve McClaire

Are you opening them in Windows Notepad?  Notepad has issues with text files that do not have a very specific 'end of line' format in them.  If this is the case, try opening the original file in Wordpad.  If it looks fine there, you can saving it and then you should be able to open it in Notepad.

If you want to edit the files I'd recommend using a spreadsheet like Excel.  This makes working with the data in columns a lot easier.

(in reply to heckler)
Post #: 2
RE: txt files jumbled - 4/27/2012 11:07:45 PM   
heckler

That did the trick! Thank you so much!!

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios >> txt files jumbled Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI