Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AP:OS on sale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> AP:OS on sale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AP:OS on sale - 4/27/2012 3:30:47 PM   
M J R

REMOVED

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 4/30/2012 9:57:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/27/2012 10:48:40 PM   
**budd**

thx for the info, on sale for us folks too. grabbing this and the add-ons.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to M J R)
Post #: 2
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/27/2012 11:54:10 PM   
wodin

Thats cheap, though posting it here maybe be abit off.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 3
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/28/2012 4:29:26 AM   
**budd**

Well maybe i won't be getting this, i opened a paypal account and put some money in it using moneypak. Then went to try to purchase thru gamersgate[twice] and it goes to paypal and won't complete purchase. It refers me back to vendor site to chose another payment option. First time using gamersgate or paypal, not off to a good start. Sent in support ticket to both sites, we'll see how it goes. Read the forums and others seem to have the same issue.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/28/2012 10:13:11 AM   
M J R

I am from the UK and buy stuff from Gamergate through Paypal usually not had any problems with them so far, all always goes smoothly. I posted the info about the sale in the hopes more would give this great game a try, at that price maybe a few fence sitters would jump in.
If a few are offended that i posted the link fair enough, although i own 7-8 Matrix games and will be buying COH too when they get round to releasing it.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 5
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/28/2012 2:30:06 PM   
**budd**

no worries, this isnt the first time a person has posted this kind of info here. I hope i can complete my purchase, no luck so far.

(in reply to M J R)
Post #: 6
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/29/2012 1:50:30 AM   
wodin

MJR, I'm not bothered, just maybe it's not really morally right to do it. Again though it doesn't effect me. Also I agree, the game needs to be played and loved and seen as the classic that it is.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 7
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/29/2012 8:26:02 PM   
Nick Schieben

Does gg have that weird steam-like DRM that doesn't let you choose were to install? I made the mistake of buying AP Kharkov from that place I think. I wasn't impressed. I have an SSD for my c: drive now so I'd rather pay more and manage my own
pc thanks. I'm tempted to get this from Matrix, but I had a bad experience with that first one, especially with the lack of tutorial and fugly interface, but it's great to see that people with more patience than I are sharing what they've learned and figured out. I'm almost ready to taker the plunge.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/29/2012 10:22:43 PM   
**budd**

I cant help on the GG install routine.I would also like to hear from someone on GG install routine . I have as yet been unable to purchase the game thru GG. The purchase wont go thru. I got AP kharkov from amazon for $4.00, I tried the demo awhile ago and while i liked the looks and the idea but between the interface and documents i quickly uninstalled the demo of Kharkov. When it went on sale on amazon for $4.00 i figured what the hell. After playing and sticking with it, you get used to the interface alot quicker than i had first thought and am enjoying the game alot. Which is why i'm trying to purchase opstar and its add-ons from GG, unfortunately GG doesn't seem want to allow me to buy the game. I would also rather purchase the game here, but I can get opstar and both add-ons for under $24, if GG ever allows my purchase to go thru.

(in reply to Nick Schieben)
Post #: 9
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/30/2012 12:14:27 AM   
wodin

The problems with the UI with this series has always had me baffled. I couldn't really understand what was to complicated about it. I sussed it in about 10 mins or so without reading any manual, just watching the tool tips.

I think people thought it was more complicated than it actually was\is.

APOS is easier again as all you have to do is press spacebar once a unit is selected and the list of commands drops down.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 10
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/30/2012 9:57:13 AM   
Iain McNeil

We're pretty tolerant but that's not really on. ;) Removing this.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: AP:OS on sale - 4/30/2012 10:20:52 AM   
M J R

GamerGates just lets you install to which ever path you choose just like a regular game from disk, i install all mine to me E:\Games folder and i dont think to my knoweledge that it has there own DRM like say Steam games. I played the first one when it came out but found it a bit too unfriendly, espeacially the camera during the tactical battles always rotating in all directions when ever you jumped about the map or to a unit, i found it too difficult to keep track of where i was on the map.
AP:OS is far more user friendly than the first though it does take time to learn what all the icons on the UI and more so your stats outside of the tactical battles, and how to keep track of your reinforcments. At the moment some of my infantry sqauds enter a tactical battle and i get a message on the UI telling me that X squad has no commander, so i look at the sqaud and see that it is not upto full strength and i need to reinforce it on my next turn, so i finnish the tactical battle, go to the squads stats screen and add the reinforcments so the next battle its at full strength.
What i dont know from the UI before i send an understreght sqaud into battle is if one of the missing men is a commander or not. As i understand it if a sqaud has no commander they wont recieve there bonuses for suppresion/moral ect from being in contact with there platoon commander.
Like Wodin says there are tool tips for all the UI but it does take time to learn as everything is represented on screen by icons/symbols not text so things are not always instantly apparent, so you need to read the tooltips.
Would love to be able to edit the orders on the space bar quick menu, using Recon for inf is fine but for APCs doing the same they turn on there headlights in the dark so i havto always remenmber to uncheck i think its the fast move icon after i select the recon order or they give there position away with they lights.
Would be good to not be able to hear enemy vehicles on the other side of the map if you pan the camera there and you dont have troops near that area, not sure whether thats intentanial though to simulate sound traveling so you know there is movement in that direction even though you dont have eyes on.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> AP:OS on sale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI