Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Probably buying: A couple of questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Probably buying: A couple of questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Probably buying: A couple of questions - 4/27/2012 2:59:26 AM   
Ubercat

How do the DLC campaigns plug in exactly?

If all I have is the base game, it's going to come with x number of stock scenarios. Suppose there are three stock Polish battles (I'm just guessing here.)and I buy the '39 DLC campaign. That comes with 11 Polish scenarios. Do they completely replace the 3 basic Polish battles? Extrapolating from that, if I own all of the DLC campaigns (current and future releases) will the stock battles be completely replaced? Will my core force from the very beginning go with me through every single DLC battle?

If I buy the game now plus most of the currently available DLC campaigns, and start the whole shebang from the beginning, let's say I get to the end of '41 and then buy the '42 campaign; even though it was installed after I started a grand campaign, can I then move right into the '42 battles? IoW, would I have to start all over because the expanded '42 battles weren't installed from the beginning?

I hope this post makes sense. I'm posting while still somewhat intoxicated. -hic-

"I’m not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I’ve seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Post #: 1
RE: Probably buying: A couple of questions - 4/27/2012 9:31:59 AM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

The Grand Campaigns are a series of expansions for Panzer Corps and require Panzer Corps.

Each campaign can be started with the core force from the previous Grand Campaign, so you can continue all Grand Campaign expansions carrying over all the core forces that completed the previous ones. Alternatively players can start with a preset core force and play each campaign on its own, or jump in to the Grand Campaign at any year.

Your main campaign and scenarios are not affected, you can load them up separately and all players also get the latest files, regardless if the buy a DLC or not, they just cannot play with the new content if they haven`t bought any expansion. You can start at any start date you want and even can save, play and load with different army corps.

In other words, total freedom and no problem to buy in any order. Just pick the DLC`s you like most and get going!

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 4/27/2012 9:33:29 AM >

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to Ubercat)
Post #: 2
RE: Probably buying: A couple of questions - 4/27/2012 12:11:16 PM   
Ubercat

Thanks!

"I’m not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I’ve seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Probably buying: A couple of questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI