Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle of the Bulge for the iPad

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Battle of the Bulge for the iPad Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/27/2012 1:20:25 AM   
J P Falcon

I have a preorder for John Butterfield's solitaire boardgame of the Battle of the Bulge and I see that he is involved in an iPad version of the same. Here is the Kickstarter link for those interested. I do not have an iPad but I may pledge a bit to support such efforts, as they have a way to go before reaching their goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2102739237/battle-of-the-bulge-the-simulation-game-for-the-ip
Post #: 1
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/27/2012 1:50:53 PM   
Iain McNeil

You cant really use kickstarter for iPad as Apple forbids you from giving out games to users who did not buy from the app store. Not sure if this is what he intends but if it is he wont get very far!

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/27/2012 2:35:32 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

I have a preorder for John Butterfield's solitaire boardgame of the Battle of the Bulge

May I ask where you preordered the boardgame? I'm always on the lookout for solitaire boardgames and I can't seem to find any info for this game outside of the ipad version.
Thanks

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/27/2012 2:47:03 PM   
Iain McNeil

Looking at the kickstarter thing I don't understand how they're going to do it. They do seem to be promising copies of the game to people who pay and they fundamentally wont be allowed to do it. If anyone knows them bring it up when you speak with them just in case they didn't realise. Maybe I have it wrong though and they mean something else!

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/27/2012 5:40:02 PM   
J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

quote:

I have a preorder for John Butterfield's solitaire boardgame of the Battle of the Bulge

May I ask where you preordered the boardgame? I'm always on the lookout for solitaire boardgames and I can't seem to find any info for this game outside of the ipad version.
Thanks

Here is a BGG list that I made up with all of the solitaire games that I have currently preordered. Let me know which ones besides the Ardennes game intriques you. If you click on the name of the game in the list, it will take you to the main BGG page for the game where you will find the web links. Hope this helps...

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/133498/solitaire-games-you-have-currently-preordered

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 4/27/2012 5:42:08 PM >

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 5
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/27/2012 5:51:13 PM   
Iain McNeil

I called them just to be sure and they have a plan where they'll purchase copies for everyone from the app store and send gift tokens. So there are no issues with them getting iOS versions out to people!

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 6
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/28/2012 1:30:41 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

quote:

Thanks

Here is a BGG list that I made up with all of the solitaire games that I have currently preordered. Let me know which ones besides the Ardennes game intriques you. If you click on the name of the game in the list, it will take you to the main BGG page for the game where you will find the web links. Hope this helps...

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/133498/solitaire-games-you-have-currently-preordered

Wow J P Falcon, excellant list! Some of them I've seen, but others like Cuba Libre, D-Day Tarawa and Peleliu are new to me. They look great. I got some shopping to do! Thanks again JP.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 7
RE: Battle of the Bulge for the iPad - 4/28/2012 1:35:36 PM   
vonRocko

Sorry, double post!

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Battle of the Bulge for the iPad Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI