Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screenshots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Screenshots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screenshots - 4/25/2012 2:00:18 PM   
wodin

Really like the new screenshots. It looks like you've made tanks to scale so thats superb. No more tiny tanks. Infact the maps look lovely aswell.

Still feel you should stick with this engine and expand it rather than go with a brand new one.

I will pick this up. I'm actually more excited about it than COH.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Screenshots - 4/26/2012 4:08:33 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Any chance you can please save the new Vehicles in a Layered Photoshop format please?

It is a very simple step that saves many of us who edit the game countless hours trying to edit the game.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Screenshots - 4/26/2012 11:24:15 PM   
kweniston

Imho, the vehicles really look sub-par on the screenshots, when compared to rest of the images. Especially the trees/bushes seem to have improved from the new graphics, but ATM the units with their inferior graphics, really stand out, in the negative sense. This will make the game experience less "immersive" for me, because I can constantly notice that the unit graphics are man-made and sub-par, whereas you tend to forget in the older games, because all the graphics were of the same (lesser) quality. Hope this can be improved!

< Message edited by kweniston -- 4/26/2012 11:25:02 PM >

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 3
RE: Screenshots - 4/27/2012 12:10:16 AM   
wodin

The unots are new as they are more to scale than the old CC games,which had tiny vehicles compared to the infantry.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 4
RE: Screenshots - 4/27/2012 12:47:54 AM   
kweniston

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
The unots are new as they are more to scale than the old CC games,which had tiny vehicles compared to the infantry.

True, but they are far from "32 bit looking", don't you agree? If this remains the way it is, I would even argue as to say that keeping the old graphics would be best. Improve all of the graphics at the same time, or don't change anything; something in between is a deterioration of the experience.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Screenshots - 4/27/2012 8:09:41 AM   
Manu

We have already seen better graphics for the vehicles in the mods but there is still a lot of time before the release and the community will surely make some mods to improve the wrong things... :)

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 6
RE: Screenshots - 4/27/2012 5:38:20 PM   
kweniston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manu
We have already seen better graphics for the vehicles in the mods but there is still a lot of time before the release and the community will surely make some mods to improve the wrong things... :)

Sure, we can be certain of that, but if you go out loud by saying "32-bit graphics", then put your money where your mouth is. My 2 cts. Still interested in the game, tho. :)

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 7
RE: Screenshots - 5/31/2012 1:26:49 PM   
xe5

Vehicle scale does look enlarged, but, judging by the missing shadow below, the graphics are still a work in progress.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 8
RE: Screenshots - 6/15/2012 4:20:43 AM   
Platoon_Michael

How is it that you can get nice looking maps,Great looking Trees..................but have the crappiest looking Tanks since the plastic Green Army Men I used to play with back in 1972?

1972!

Please tell me your gonna fix that?
Currently what is being shown is just down right unacceptable.

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 6/15/2012 4:25:35 AM >

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 9
RE: Screenshots - 6/15/2012 5:52:20 PM   
Steve McClaire

The vehicle graphics in those screenshots are a work in progress, yes. And I will pass along all of your feedback.

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 10
RE: Screenshots - 6/15/2012 9:25:34 PM   
Kanov

This has made me think that maybe the tank graphics should be on a folder instead of compressed into a file, that way we could have small mods of single vehicles! would be a matter of just dropping your modded tank into the right folder for it to appear in game provided it has the same name as the original that it is replacing.

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 11
RE: Screenshots - 11/2/2012 6:02:48 PM   
MikeAP

For the love of all things....Do tanks make noise yet? It's 2012.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: Screenshots - 11/2/2012 10:39:29 PM   
Mystic_Snake

If tanks get sound, I hope it won't be overdone. The noise of tank tracks and engines could be just annoying.

(in reply to MikeAP)
Post #: 13
RE: Screenshots - 11/5/2012 11:19:12 AM   
MikeAP

It's all part of the cacophony of battle.

(in reply to Mystic_Snake)
Post #: 14
RE: Screenshots - 11/6/2012 1:37:11 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mystic_Snake

If tanks get sound, I hope it won't be overdone. The noise of tank tracks and engines could be just annoying.

That was the feedback Atomic rec'd with one of the original CC releases supposedly when they tried adding engine sounds.

(in reply to Mystic_Snake)
Post #: 15
RE: Screenshots - 11/7/2012 9:48:26 PM   
MikeAP

I've played many RTS games out there in my 15+ years of gaming.

This is the ONLY game that I've played that doesn't have vehicle audio. It's kind of a ambiance killer, to be honest.

Lets face it, guys. This isn't 1997; There needs to be some kind of advancement in audio and graphic effects or else your game turns into some kind of HPS Sim. Not personally knocking HPS, but their games are ridiculously out dated and over priced.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 16
RE: Screenshots - 11/15/2012 12:53:31 PM   
SapperAstro

If there is vehicle audio, I would like it to be an option please. If it is as annoying as the testers say it was, I would like to be able to switch it off again.

As for advancement in graphics...be careful what you wish for. None of the...'improved' versions of Close Combat/CC knockoffs (not meaning the Matrix versions here) have been superior. Far from it. Also, next to other wargames, there is nothing wrong with Close Combats graphics and presentation. I am more concerned BY the planned future changes to the engine, rather than wishing for them to come.

No. For all its faults, no other game has really gotten the same formula downpat. I would wish otherwise. In my perfect world, there would be many new magical improvements, and each of them would work out fine. Never seems to happen.

Until that magical time arrives, and against my wishes of not having YET ANOTHER late west front CC game...nothing quite does it like Close Combat when it comes to real time squad warfare.

< Message edited by SapperAstro -- 11/15/2012 12:55:58 PM >

(in reply to MikeAP)
Post #: 17
RE: Screenshots - 11/15/2012 1:37:25 PM   
mbar

The only graphic improvement I would really want is the ability to zoom the view in the battle field. The next improvement would be a mid-battle save function.

(in reply to SapperAstro)
Post #: 18
RE: Screenshots - 11/18/2012 9:45:58 PM   
DampSquib

There is a better vid on youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvADHrcfS3I tho you all have probably seen it :P
Still not 100% sold...may buy COH-atb if this turns out to be a lemon.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 19
RE: Screenshots - 11/19/2012 1:57:22 AM   
MikeAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: DampSquib

There is a better vid on youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvADHrcfS3I tho you all have probably seen it :P
Still not 100% sold...may buy COH-atb if this turns out to be a lemon.

Much better video.

I think the smoke and explosion effects look much better now.

Vehicle and Soldier movement still looks choppy.

(in reply to DampSquib)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Screenshots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI