Adding a Race error

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

marco_polo

Adding a Race error

Post by marco_polo »

Hello,

Obviously I am new to modding on Distant Worlds Legends and I am having a problem when trying to add a new race to the game. I add my new race to the race folder in my theme folder, I changed the bias and the policies and the characters. I can successfully load my theme in the game but when I go to "Start a New Game" and try to pick my new race, it gives me the error "Index was outside the bounds of the array". What does this error mean?

Computica

RE: Adding a Race error

Post by Computica »

Yes I'm having that error too. If the max number of spawnable races is over 21 in the "new game" menu the game will give that error. You have to go into your application data folder and delete the "defaultOptions" file. If your using windows Vista/7: "C:\Users\{Your Username}\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\{Version Number}\"
marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

Alright I did what you said, and deleted the file. But when I start the new game it still does the same thing. The file seems to recreate itself everytime the game starts
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

The bias file is a nasty pithole.

Could you upload it?
marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

Okay here is the bias file
Attachments
biases.txt
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

Nevermind I figured it out.. I had a problem with the race images, For my custom race I had indexed the picture incorrectly
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

Great!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Yeah, there are a lot of factors to take into account...
Whew doggy, there are a lot of files to take into account.

Apart from the bias table file, I find it is best to implement one race at a time, create the picture, the race file, the empire profile... this way I do not miss anything that I might if I do all the profiles at once... you get the idea... :)
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Design and Modding”