Reserve Units

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

k9mike

Reserve Units

Post by k9mike »

Quick question....
How are reserve units activated?Sorry for Noob question.... just not sure how, or when they can be used.

Mike
Max 86

RE: Reserve Units

Post by Max 86 »

If you are talking about units that were not deployed at scenario start then they cannot be placed until one of your units is KIA'd, opening up a slot
No problem Chief!
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Yes, that was I was talking about
But, are they selected after this happens? Or do they automatically go into play?
Josh

Post by Josh »

You have three small buttons in the right hand bar; unit-stats, deployment bar and reserve bar. Like Max says once one of your core units is killed it opens up a slot, then you can deploy one of your reserve units.
Some units gather Exp pretty fast so they can be put in the reserve, then you can buy new units and guide them to more experience. I mean using a unit that already has five stars and all kinds of medals doesn't add much, so I'd rather use a completely green unit. That *is* dangerous though in later scenarios.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Thx a lot for the help/info. Still trying to get to know all the technical stuff. Appreciate the quick replies
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Hi. Having just read this forum, during a scenario if one of my units are eliminated can I bring a unit into the game from the reserves? More importantly, I am starting a Grand Campaign '40 scenario and I have 16 units in reserve but need (or am allowed) to deploy 21 units and I do not have enough prestige to buy five units. What, if anything, can I do? Thanks.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yes you can redeploy a core unit if a unit is killed... but only if that killed unit is a core unit, so no go if the killed unit is auxilliary. Needless to say you really want to avoid your core units getting killed, not only because it's a waste of prestige but also you lose your Experience when the unit gets killed. [:(]
If you're allowed to place 21 units but only have 16 in reserve, then you have screwed something up in earlier scenarios. Be aware that reinforcing units *during* a scenario is much much more expensive than *between*  the scenarios. Furthermore it's better to buy the most units you're allowed to... and only then upgrade them as high as you possibly can afford. Upgrading in the same "upgrade path" is also much cheaper than say upgrading a PzIII to a PzIV.
A quick workaround to keep you playing with all of the allowed units is... cheating. The cheat list is somewhere here on this forum, or on the Slitherine forum. From the top of my head it's; press left CTRL-Alt-left Shift-C at the same time and then enter the cheat.
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

If you are playing the DLC's a little trick is to buy fresh units once your old units hit the experience cap, and use them predominantly with a few experienced units for backup. When later on you're allowed to deploy more units you don't to go with recruits. This tactics really pays off in the later DLC's 43-45 when facing battle harden Russian guard formations. Especially with tanks, fighters and anti-tank units. Just don't go over the top like me and end-up with an end core force of over ~120. [:)]
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Thank you.
As I have Panzer Corp, Afrika Corp, plus the 1st 3 Grand Campaigns, I think I will start over and see where I went wrong with my deployments and upgrades.
Thank you both for responding and helping.

Return to “Panzer Corps”