Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new scenarios for WITP-AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> new scenarios for WITP-AE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/23/2012 8:02:50 PM   
MBogdasarian

Are there any new scenarios for WITP-AE? The older version of WITP has several which begin at different times and run for different periods, giving flexibility to playing the game solitaire or as email. A day by day game which offers only two limited scenarios or the rest as very long makes it extremely difficult to really explore the war and enjoy playing as well. Is there a place at Matrix to find the scenarios which have been playtested and bundled?
Post #: 1
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 12:10:10 AM   
derhexer

Yes, there are multiple scenarios for WiTP-AE. Just off the top of my head I can recall a scenario for retaking Wake Island, invasion of the Marianas in 1944, a land-based battle of Burma in 1945, a good campaign game that starts May 1, 1942, a scenario called Downfall which as the Allies invading Japan starting 9/1/1945. There may be others that I can't recall.

Do some searches on keywords Downfall, Burma, May 1, 1942, and Marianas. That should find them for you.

Have fun!!

Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)

(in reply to MBogdasarian)
Post #: 2
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 1:30:27 AM   
kevin_hx

I can't find Midway scenario,
Could anyone look for it? thanks

< Message edited by kevin_hx -- 4/24/2012 1:32:21 AM >

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 3
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 1:31:06 AM   
kevin_hx

I can't find Midway scenarion,
Could anyone look for it? thankx

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 4
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 4:32:47 AM   
MBogdasarian

I guess I am just as dumb as a rock, but I can't find anything. I thank you for your reply, but searching yielded me nothing, or else I wasn't setting it up properly. Are they posted in Forum, and if there, in what category? I tried a general search, for example, for Wake Island and Burma separately, and was taken to reports, but none was actually the scenario. By accident, I presume, I found something on a scenario which involved Thai ships, but the attachments did not have an actual scenario which showed up in the menu when I reloaded the game.

(in reply to kevin_hx)
Post #: 5
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 7:06:05 AM   
n01487477

Here are some for you to peruse. Others will have to be found in the mods forum...

Some of these are old..
http://www.alternatewars.com/Mods/WITP_AE/Scen/Scenarios.htm
DaBabes
http://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/
BigB
https://sites.google.com/site/bigbsshipyard/b-mod-ae

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

Post #: 6
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 4:03:48 PM   
MBogdasarian

Many thanks. I have looked at the sites and will be careful about loading them up. The sites are very interesting in themselves for the work and research.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 7
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 6:48:22 PM   
dwg

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBogdasarian
I found something on a scenario which involved Thai ships, but the attachments did not have an actual scenario which showed up in the menu when I reloaded the game.

War Options? Definitely has a full scenario. See https://sites.google.com/site/waroptionswitpaemod/home/mod-description

Post #: 8
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 6:55:45 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

At some point you can play my "spirit of togo" scenario

where japan goes after the SRA quickly and leaves pearl harbor alone

includes some changes to the mechanics (Mvr, gun accuracy, etc)
adds empty slots for air units (build your airforce as you want to)
a few options for ships (like upgrading kuma CL to Kitikami CL)

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

Post #: 9
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 7:00:31 PM   
Andy Mac

I just bumped the two of mine not on the link above

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 10
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/24/2012 7:49:58 PM   
MBogdasarian

Again, my thanks to everyone who assisted in leading me to the downloads and documents. I hope to take advantage of such largess.

(in reply to dwg)
Post #: 11
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/27/2012 2:01:22 AM   
derhexer

OK, Mbogdasarian, here are two links to player-developed scenarios
May 1, 1942
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2622506&mpage=1&key=sharps�

Return to Wake Island
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2634678&mpage=1&key=wake%2Cisland�

n01487477 has posted a link to a site that has multiple scenarios inclduing Marianas, 1944, Burma 1943 and Downfall.

Marianas 1944 is a good scenario, but it can be somewhat tedious at the beginning. You have to get all your convoys formed, troops loaded and set sailing. Remember to set your troop convoys to amphibious. You can spend hours just setting up your convoys and watching them. There are Jap subs in the area and invariably a convoy will site a sub and head back to PH.

What I've done to help me if I want to try variants or I manage to screw up the invasion or air battle is run the scenario 1 day at a time for 5-8 days until my convoys are all heading in the right direction, then save the game and get out of WiTP. Navigate to the WiTP AE folder, find the SAVE subfolder, and copy the .PWS file to another subfolder so you can copy it back at a later time.

The May 1, 1942, campaign is the most enjoyable for me. It highlights the tremedous risks the Allies were facing with very limited resources, while also bringing out the Japanese weaknesses in terms of supplies and transport. It also shows how China becamesuch a sucking chest wound for Japan.

As far as I know know there is no Midway scenario.

Chris

Post #: 12
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/27/2012 5:48:29 PM   
MBogdasarian

Many thanks. I have downloaded them and will try to improve on my efforts (playing email in the witp from May on...Japanese are way ahead on points, and are fighting Russia and are in Australia. Good thing they didn't try to SF! They might have taken it!

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 13
RE: new scenarios for WITP-AE - 4/28/2012 4:16:28 AM   
derhexer

quote:

Many thanks. I have downloaded them and will try to improve on my efforts (playing email in the witp from May on...Japanese are way ahead on points, and are fighting Russia and are in Australia. Good thing they didn't try to SF! They might have taken it!

IMHO, it is very unlikely that the Japanese will invade the West Coast of the US. They would have to have supply lines that can support an invasion of at least 10-12 divisions, and the transports to move the troops

Chris

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> new scenarios for WITP-AE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI