Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: iPad Version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: iPad Version Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: iPad Version - 6/29/2012 3:51:59 PM   
Canuck35

I love my Asus Transformer but I'm going to have to disagree with you vehemently that the Android pads are starting to outsell the iPads.

(in reply to mkjhartmann)
Post #: 61
RE: iPad Version - 6/30/2012 3:37:33 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Can someone give me an example of a wargame that was made for the apple app store that is a dumbed downed version of the original? I'm just trying to understand your point of view, it might help me understand that's all. The only wargame that I ever had on my PC and on my playstation one was Panzer and Allied General and I thought those played as well as the PC version. Thanks in advance.

Not a wargame but Out of the Park Baseball has an iPad and iPhone app that strips a lot of the features away from the PC version... they still make the PC version though and while I'm pretty sure the first version for iPhone/iPad sold way more copies than their anual releases of the PC versions it was also about 1/3 the cost. So ARPU for the PC version is still way higher.

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 62
RE: iPad Version - 6/30/2012 3:47:56 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: mkjhartmann

OK,

why is this all about iPads. The Android pads are starting to outsell the iPads, and like all open technology, will soon be a match to, or superior to Apple. Will these games come out on Android tabs? Personally I prefer playing a "light" wargame while snuggled in my bed to having to sit with either my laptop or desktop. And BTW, for those that need to play a "deep" game on an Android platform, just install the game on your desktop, or laptop, and then install 'Splashtop' on your tablet and you can run anuthing you want. Yes, I have even run Skyrim like that on Samsung Galaxy 2. Since wargames are usually not about graphics, you can run the vast majority of games that way. Make sure to drop the PC resolution to the minimum and you can see the games just fine. I am already running PanzerCorp, Advanced Tactics Gold, Time of Fury, Football Manager 2012, etc like this. It's great when you live up in the cold mountains. Ah yeah, I control the game with the wireless mouse that is attached to the computer and it works fine over about 50 feet.

Mike

I don't think that Android tablets are outselling the iPad at all... that's definitely not true... However, I prefer Android, I know many people who do and I would definitely buy this if it came to Android but I wont buy an iPad just for Matrix Games so if it comes to Android you'll have me as a customer, if not I will stick to the PC. Actually I already bought one Matrix/Slitherine Game on Android, Conquest Medieval Realms. Androids problem for developers is not the number of users, its the fact that usually Android Users are less likely to pay for apps because most games have ad versions that generate revenue via ads and the paid versions only have a few more minor features or no ads. Apple has something like 70% of its apps that are paid, Android its the opposite, about 65%-70% of Android apps are free.

(in reply to mkjhartmann)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: iPad Version Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI