iPad Version

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

k9mike

iPad Version

Post by k9mike »

I seen that they have announced that they are making iPad version. Will we be able to load our paid downloaded version on that as well??? Or, will we have to pay for another copy for this version..... this looks like the perfect game for the iPad....Might have to finally get one....
VPaulus

RE: iPad Version

Post by VPaulus »

I sense that you've paid only for the Windows version. For iPad you'll have to buy it through iTunes I think.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Damn these ipads. They will destroy serious gaming.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

They said that consoles would destroy serious PC gaming, and it didn't happened.
However I share your concerns.
I don't mind with PC to handheld ports. However I sense that I wouldn't say the same thing if it was the other way around.
I hope that the good sense will prevail, and publishers like Slitherine/Matrix will never stop supporting serious gaming platforms, like PC.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

They said that consoles would destroy serious PC gaming, and it didn't happened.
I don't mind with PC to handheld ports. However I sense that I wouldn't say the same thing if it was the other way around.
I hope that the good sense will prevail, and publishers like Slitherine/Matrix will never stop supporting serious gaming platforms, like PC.
Hmm...lets think about this one. 40 million people visit the itunes store a day why not make money and increase profits? Games like Panzer Korps, CEAW, TOF, SCII games and heck even Steel Panthers don't need high end PC'S to run on and can be made for the Ipad and android markets. Why not? I say go for it.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Hmm...lets think about this one. 40 million people visit the itunes store a day why not make money and increase profits? Games like Panzer Korps, CEAW, TOF, SCII games and heck even Steel Panthers don't need high end PC'S to run on and can be made for the Ipad and android markets. Why not? I say go for it.

Yeah, of course, they are going to go for the money. That's the point. We will see a whole slew of easy dumbed down arcade wargames, and less and less "real" games. Wait till we see "Donkey Kong Beyond Normandy", and people will suck it up. [:(]
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

We will see a whole slew of easy dumbed down arcade wargames, and less and less "real" games. Wait till we see "Donkey Kong Beyond Normandy"

Let's not exagurate shall we. Maybe hard to believe, but most of us developers enjoy making wargames. I don't see how a new platform like iPad is gonna change that.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Lukas
We will see a whole slew of easy dumbed down arcade wargames, and less and less "real" games. Wait till we see "Donkey Kong Beyond Normandy"

Let's not exagurate shall we. Maybe hard to believe, but most of us developers enjoy making wargames. I don't see how a new platform like iPad is gonna change that.
Sure. As long the difference between both systems are respected I don't see any problem too. In PC we have big resolutions and mouse/keyboard for input while in iPad we have small resolution and touch screens as input interface.
So the differences are not so big that you can't "easily" adapt the UI to both systems.
The case of consoles using gamepads it's harder, IMO. So the ports are usually bad. You've the recent case of Skyrim, it was created with consoles in mind, resulting in a poor (to say the least) UI in the PC version.
And that's, Luka, what we PC users, are always afraid. Bad ports.

The other thing we PC gamers are also afraid, and specially in this wargaming niche, is you try to do only games for the casual player. iTunes is filled with casual players. Please take this into consideration when you see a hardcore PC gamer manifesting his fears. The experience we have with consoles and the casual player, resulting in a general dumbing down and bad quality titles, taught us to fear this exactly, when you begin to do products only for the casual players.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Sure. As long the difference between both systems are respected I don't see any problem too. In PC we have big resolutions and mouse/keyboard for input while in iPad we have small resolution and touch screens as input interface.
So the differences are not so big that you can't "easily" adapt the UI to both systems.
The case of consoles using gamepads it's harder, IMO. So the ports are usually bad. You've the recent case of Skyrim, it was created with consoles in mind, resulting in a poor (to say the least) UI in the PC version.
And that's, Luka, what we PC users, are always afraid. Bad ports.

The other thing we PC gamers are also afraid, and specially in this wargaming niche, is you try to do only games for the casual player. iTunes is filled with casual players. Please take this into consideration when you see a hardcore PC gamer manifesting his fears. The experience we have with consoles and the casual player, resulting in a general dumbing down and bad quality titles, taught us to fear this exactly, when you begin to do products only for the casual players.
I'm sorry folks if this offends you. But I think I speak for those of us that are married, have kids, work a full time job, simply don't have the time or energy to put into a game like WITE, or "hard core" games as you like to call them. I don't think "BA" is a dumbed down version of the same game Matrix offers. Is it the same game? No. Also I hate it when people slam Apple and they don't even own any apple products. Sorry folks, tablets are here to stay, they are the future. So I guess I'm a dumb down version of you That's the jest of what your saying right?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

You are using the same argument as the console crowd.
I could reply to you and say, if you don't have energy for more complex games, you already have Angry Birds that I'm sure it can fulfill your needs and your energy levels. Wargames of course demand another kind of approach, I'm afraid.
And I know, full time job, still married, with sons, etc and they do play more complex games. The others, they don't want even want to play with any kind of game, perhaps Angry Birds, Bricks, Tetris and Pong when they are waiting for their doctor appointment.
And by the way I like BA.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

I'm sorry folks if this offends you. But I think I speak for those of us that are married, have kids, work a full time job, simply don't have the time or energy to put into a game like WITE, or "hard core" games as you like to call them. I don't think "BA" is a dumbed down version of the same game Matrix offers. Is it the same game? No. Also I hate it when people slam Apple and they don't even own any apple products. Sorry folks, tablets are here to stay, they are the future. So I guess I'm a dumb down version of you That's the jest of what your saying right?

No offense taken.[:)] But let's face it, "BA" is already "lite".
VPaulas, you explain my fears so well, Thanks.
I know the future is not all doom and gloom. Lots of good games to come![;)]
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I look forward to the possibilities. I enjoy using the iPad. I sent my iPad 2 to my granddaughter, but plan to buy the new one before too long. It is a fine platform and I miss having mine around, to be honest.
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
Huffy

Post by Huffy »

well, my son and more than one of his friends who all play XBOX have asked if the games I play,(SPWAW, Panzer Corps) are avail on the XBOX format...and I have asked people before if they plan to bring the games out for the XBOX live, and from the responses , it was not planned at this time. I did see that they had a "Panzer General " game for the Xbox, but it was a disappointment...very basic...so it seems that there is some interest from the younger crowd...and if they can make the games for different formats and keep it as is (well made war game)...I am seeing nothing but positive on it...well, that's just my opinion..
Take care..
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

[quote]ORIGINAL: VPaulus

You are using the same argument as the console crowd.
I could reply to you and say, if you don't have energy for more complex games, you already have Angry Birds that I'm sure it can fulfill your needs and your energy levels. Wargames of course demand another kind of approach, I'm afraid.
And I know, full time job, still married, with sons, etc and they do play more complex games. The others, they don't want even want to play with any kind of game, perhaps Angry Birds, Bricks, Tetris and Pong when they are waiting for their doctor appointment.
And by the way I like BA.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I don't play angry birds.....shocking I know. If your lifestyle (wife) lets you sit down and play civ 5 or WITE all day Long. More power to you. If panzer korps is to lite for you don't play it. I could understand your concern if matrix announced WITE comming to the iPad . I've been in the app store trying to find these dumb down wargames people are talking about. Can you give me some examples?
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Again you should read what I've written, you're full of misunderstandings. I said that it was ok by me if they want to port for other platforms. I love Panzer Corps. My only concerns is making a more easier version of Panzer Corps and BA in order to please the casual players only.
Is that possible? I believe it is. It's what have happened in the last 6 and 8 years between console and PC.
Will Slitherine/Matrix do it as publishers? I have my doubts that they will. But...
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Have you tried BA on the iPad - it is exactly the same game. PzC on iPad will be exactly the same game.

There is a lot of scaremongering going on which is completely unfounded!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

The scare, Iain, like I've already told, comes from what happened with most of the games, in general, when the consoles begun to reign and dictate the rules of gameplay.
So, naturally, we PC hardcdore (serious) gamers look into the advent of the handhelds with some suspicion. We've been already through this.
The problem is not a BA ported for iPad. The fears is what happen with BA2 and BA3, or if you want with PzC2 and PzC3, if you plan to make it easier for the handheld market.
But like I've told, I'm not so scared with Slitherine/Matrix products, because you've CWG (computer wargame)running in your veins.

Iain, you know, how I think, and I only wish the best success for Slitherine/Matrix. And I too have for long defended it would be a good move to explore the handhelds markets for BA, PzC and Unit of Command.
Now you only have one last move to make, to explore Steam. And we might end of not being a niche market anymore. But please, never forget your heritage, true PC gaming.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

All I can say is don't worry. We are not part of the games industry. We are part of the wargames industry. If wargamers want games on iPad we'll make them. if they want them on PC we'll do that too. There is a lot of cool stuff coming which is going to blur the difference between tablets and home PC's in the not too distant future. I really would not be concerned!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

All I can say is don't worry. We are not part of the games industry. We are part of the wargames industry.
Praise the Lord!

Return to “Panzer Corps”