Are you thrashing your AI relentlessly? Do you need a real challenge? Why not take on some real player opposition? Join the Blitz!
Here's my humble 0.02 for joining the Blitz:
- PBEM! While I enjoy a game against AI every now and then, there's nothing like a live opponent! Hawk Kriegsman was my tutor, oh boy there's nothing like receiving the turn via email, reading Hawk's typical "Germans doing little damage, thanx!" message on it, to only find out he's wiped out half my force. But always willing to recommend a strategy or optio for my up and coming turn. Thanx! Lately I've become really immersed in 3x3 team games. Being part of a larger team, and trying to figure out a common grand strategy just adds a new layer to gaming again. Great fun!
- Tournaments! Ashley, you especially have been instrumental in revitalising the tournament scene, my humble thanks for all your efforts there. Currently we have the last stages of the World in Flames tournament, where two teams of Axis and Allied have been battling it out with selected scenarios for each year of the war. 1945 is approaching, and the Axis team is finding themselves cornered after initial success. Hmmm, history repeating itself here? Other tourneys available as well, such as the Top Gun tournament, King of the Hill tournament, etc... Something for everyone, again adding a new dimension to plain PBEM playing.
- Lots of New Scenarios Being Made! New scenarios beoome available on a continuous manner, often the designer not only bringing a new scenario out but involving others with the real history behind the battle in question. H2H process has been revitalised as well, with mw / MrKK as the new custodian. Thanks Mike!
- Active Modding Society! Vanilla JTCS not really up to it you feel? Look no further! RD_DeathDealers Sound Mod, where he has replaced the vanilla sounds with real sounds from various audio and video recodings. Warhorse's Mods, and a ladder for them as well, including Korea and K'talan. Need advice? Look no further :)
- Good fun! Well I thought I would come up with five reasons, and was short one more. But it truly IS good fun to be a part of a community of kindred spirits.
Therefore: +1 from me as well