Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Compromise ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> A Compromise ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Compromise ? - 4/23/2012 12:26:15 AM   
Farfarer

If the Lvov Pocket option 'needs' to be nerfed by increasing CV or random placement, then perhaps extending AGS/Romanian ZOCs as "Active" on turn one, even if they can't move, would a nice way allowing the cutting of rail lines ( perfectly fine) while preventing massive escape or supply through (Noveletsky?) other unreachable rail lines. (unless they already are :)

Oh and by the way, for those who think a "Panzer regiment showing up would not influence a political decision", I recommend the "Flight of the Goeben" which 'helped' convince an entire nation (Turkey).
Post #: 1
RE: A Compromise ? - 4/23/2012 2:18:35 AM   
Aurelian

I suspect that the seizure of the two ships in England played a bigger part.

And no, a panzer regiment would hardly of influenced a political decision.

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 2
RE: A Compromise ? - 4/23/2012 8:52:19 AM   
janh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Farfarer
If the Lvov Pocket option 'needs' to be nerfed by increasing CV or random placement, then perhaps extending AGS/Romanian ZOCs as "Active" on turn one, even if they can't move, would a nice way allowing the cutting of rail lines ( perfectly fine) while preventing massive escape or supply through (Noveletsky?) other unreachable rail lines. (unless they already are :)

That would make it more of a "What if Rumanians and 17. Army had finished Op. Marita a week early and where ready to strike sooner" type scenario, but why not? This is at least more credible than sneaking my Panzerdivisions and Regiments through the gaps for a full turn while the Soviets sit at the roadside and cheer...

As I said earlier, I would not want Lvov to be entirely impossible, nor the possibility of rounding Minsk in one turn. But I think it should not happen without a fight, and without the Soviet side having a chance to save some part of the units. Essentially I would like best if it were tuned so that if Lvov fails and Minsk progress is also "only" historical, the Soviet would have enough units left to fight and counterattack as we can read about it, and that on average he would be capable of delaying Axis advances while bleeding my units some ~30-40% so that they'd be truly ripe for a real, non-rule aided blizzard counteroffensive. In essence, that neither Leningrad nor Moscow are a given but both are possible, especially d if focused on. On the other hand, if Lvov despite fighting succeeded, then I'd have to be happy and allow the Soviet to retreat to regain some balance.

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 3
RE: A Compromise ? - 4/23/2012 1:08:51 PM   
Farfarer

janh, that sounds quite reasonable. Generally, Axis players want to have a "chance" ( whatever that is) to do well enougth in 41/42, if things line up, such that getting more than a Draw is a possibility.

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> A Compromise ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI