Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

3D Models

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> 3D Models Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3D Models - 4/21/2012 4:51:42 PM   
junk2drive

Curious about the 3D models.

What kind of specs, like number of polys, software used to make them, moddable/improvable?

Skins, format, moddable?

XMLs or hidden properties?

Can units be added later by the public?

Looking at the board game versions, I assume that if this is successful that the other versions will be sold as expansions or stand alone. My fear is that 3D units will be dropped because of the effort to include them and the excuse will be that most people didn't use them.

Post #: 1
RE: 3D Models - 5/9/2012 1:15:36 AM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the interest. Units are 1,000 - 3,000 polygons per model. They were created with Maya and compiled to XNB format in Visual Studio. They have decals which can be modded fairly easily. XML files are used to define unit properties. New units cannot be added. We have already finished about half the 3D models for "Storms of Steel," so there is little chance we'd be dropping 3D models for the sequel.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 2
RE: 3D Models - 5/14/2012 4:31:25 AM   
junk2drive

I've played lots of 3D and isometric games. For 3D turn based games I'll compare this to Battle Academy and Operation Barbarossa. BA uses squares, squads and has one raised level. OB has hexes, bumps for high ground, division sized units. If this game can make realistic hills, mountains and valleys, it will beat those two for me.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: 3D Models - 5/14/2012 6:38:56 AM   
rosseau

Is there a way to safely mod those unit xml's directly?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: 3D Models - 5/14/2012 6:43:07 PM   
ericbabe

The XMLs cannot be modded.

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> 3D Models Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI