Updated manual released with WitE v1.06.06 "Official"...

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

The manual is TOC jumpable and it contains all text and pictures the original manual had plus all community sighted errors and all known "forgotten rules" that we discovered since release!

Whole document is also "section jumpable" (i.e. if you click on "See section xx.yy.zz" you would jump to that section)!

I finally [8D] managed to place each and every applicable entry from Addendum to appropriate section in main manual body! [:)]

Every such entry is placed at the end of appropriate section in chronological order and in RED color.

I first examined each and every entry from Addendum and then decided whether to place it in the main body of manual or reject it (for example I didn't use entries like "Improved FLAK percentage calculation" because such entries are of great value to our coders Gary and Pavel but mean little to general public - similarily I didn't use equipement data changes by Dennis because those never existed in manual).

The document is password protected (i.e. no editing is allowed although printing is, of course, allowed) - also the PDF compatibility is set to old "Adobe PDF v5.0" in order to help users with old(er) hardware machines to read this PDF (for example old purpose build readers which didn't get update for newer PDF documents).

At the end I ask the community to please check if all is OK and whether all appropriate entries are placed in appropriate places in main body of the manual - as usual please report all comments and possible typos / errors into "Manual" subfoder in "Tech Support"! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Omat

RE: Updated manual released with WitE v1.06.06 "Official"...

Post by Omat »

Hello Apollo11

I would like to thank you. I think he you have spend many hours to create this pdf file.

This is only my small recognition for the work you've done.

Omat
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

A big job - many thanks Matrix should be aware that without updated manuals we cannot attract new players

Thanks again...
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

Thank you very much! [:)]
kg_1007

Post by kg_1007 »

Thank you!
tbone1218

Post by tbone1218 »

Thank you!
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

Great stuff!
Troy6677

Post by Troy6677 »

Thanks for the work updating the manual. Well done sir!

Mark
mvdh
Flora62

Post by Flora62 »

ImageThis is only my small recognition for the work you've done.
Blutch

Post by Blutch »

Thanks !
Messer

Post by Messer »

thank you
tombo

Post by tombo »

Makes a big difference in keeping up with this game's changes...thanks much!

cheers
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

With upcoming patch on the horizon I will update the WitE manual as usual... [:)]

So... have you guys sighted any possible errors / problems / typos with updated WitE manual released with WitE v1.06.06 "Official"?

If you did please post your findings into "Tech" subforum under "Manual" so that I can fix it when I add new rules in (that will come with new patch)!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”