Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Method to give "instructions" to AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> Method to give "instructions" to AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Method to give "instructions" to AI - 4/19/2012 1:56:03 PM   
welk

You may edit the AI.csv file in scenario folder, but you may also use a little tip to "conduct" the AI :

1- Note coordinates of 2 hex ( every hex may be used)
2-Enter the coordinate sof these 2 hex in the "cities connexion".csv file (as if these hex were cities, but not needed they were cities)
3-The AI will consider that this connexion between thse 2 hex is a interessant way"

With this method : you can, in a certain part, orientate the conduct of strategy of AI (general direction of his forces)= interessant to create historical scenarios.

In addition : you may make the way more and more interessant for AI, if you give some Victory points to a no city hex (no city, no port, etc).

You have to not use "ressources" points in your scenario (just to use cities and their graphs, as cities or as ressources places)
In Gimp, give for all ressources graph a invisible mask
In the scenario, give the "ressources points" 0 PP and x victory points
Connect them as cities, to say to AI : "look at there, something is good for you"... :)

You will have in your scenario "invisible points" that have no PP production but that represent interessant "way" and victory points for AI, and... nothing for human player.

With this little tip, you may "conduct" the movement of AI in a scenario, and the player will see... nothing

If you take the precaution to place these hex near or within a railroad, human player will see nothning, even he uses the strategic movement : the "deploy" highlighted hex will be masked with railroad highlighted hex (to be tested, just a additionnel tip). This game is a crazy far-West for modding

< Message edited by welk -- 4/19/2012 2:06:22 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> Method to give "instructions" to AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI