Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Method to create new sea nodes and ports (step by step)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> Method to create new sea nodes and ports (step by step) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Method to create new sea nodes and ports (step by step) - 4/19/2012 12:11:13 PM   
welk

Ok, I have uploaded a more complete version of the basic modding guide (spec Const explanations files -Pdf format)

After working the first version of this little guide, and waiting for the last answers from Doom (I will include them in the guide), I have now more time to explore the possibilities concerning creation of ports and sea nodes without using the (bugged) editor

So, the process is very simple : Ports and sea nodes are exactly the same in the games, but with different codifications in the csv files

1/ First, create a city that will be a port in the cities.csv file : give it a name, coordinates, and other needed parameters
(for codes : see, please... in the modding basic guide (code for basic port is 3)

2/ In the sea nod .CSV file, add a new sea node in the list (use the ame name as the port name), with a new number in the list (follow the existing numbers in the list).
enter the size of the "port-sea node" (max and current size = 1 to 9) , enter the coodinates of the city-port you created in the countries.csv (coordinates of the city in land !), enter the coordinates you choiced for displayins graphs ot ships (ships of player, ships of ennemy) (generally, hex near the cityport) : you may choice what you want, but try to choice hex sea near the city port.

3/Open the sea edges CSV file : It's the key to create Nnew ports and sea nodes. Shorter in time (lot of modding work and work to understand the entire system and to translate questions and answers, my english is very poor = difficulties to have good understanding), I neglicted it first because I through it did concern only straits. But in fact, this file has the same use than the "cities connexion" file, for sea nodes.

In this file : enter coordinates of cityport, then coordinate of each sea node (real sea) you want to connect with. It is need to be in order to move fleet on or from this port from or on "high large sea" (naval zone)

(same as for cities : you must connect A to B and B to A, so you will have to enter 2 code slines for each connexion : in fact, to connect a port with a sea node is to connect a fictive sea node (port) with a real sea node (high large sea zone).

If there is no strait between the 2 sea nodes, enter -1 in the required slots.

And thats all : your new port works and may receive naval fleets (if his size is suffisant for these fleet)

Image attached (I created a new port for test near Danzig
(My sea has just strange braun color because I am working on my Bliz war academy mod)

Coordinates : (if you want try that)
Cityport test = 138,70 (on land)
Coordinates for ennemy fleet graphs = 136,69 (on sea)
Same for player fleets = 137,70 (on sea)
Size of my test port : 9/9 (to be in order to receive all fleets)
Code city = 3 (port)
Connected with south baltic (code 1) = so, I entered 1,186 and 186,1 in the required lines (exactly the same I would have made to connect 2 cities)

and it's work fine.

So, creation of new ports and new sea nodes in the game does not need in any thing the use of editor. Despite the fact the editor has some bugs, players can do anything they want with the game, it's a great tool to build PC wargames without any informatic knowledges ! Glory, Glory, Good save Doom !

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by welk -- 4/19/2012 12:48:04 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> Method to create new sea nodes and ports (step by step) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI