Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Understanding fuel re-supply anomalies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Understanding fuel re-supply anomalies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Understanding fuel re-supply anomalies - 4/19/2012 6:32:06 AM   
olorin42

I was experimenting and ran into something I can't explain. Imagine that all the divisions in a Panzer corps have 200% supply/fuel/vehicles/ammo on turn 1 of a scenario (1941). They all move to full movement so they have 0-1 MP left. They still all have 100% supply/fuel/etc. The HQ is up with them within a couple hexes and all of the divisions are in generally clear/light woods. Why don't they have 50 movement points next turn? Some have 50 or 40 or 32 but they all still had a full load of fuel at the end of the previous turn. I then tried an experiment of air dropping enough fuel on the HQ to meet 100% of the fuel needs of all the divisions in the corps. Some still only had 40-45 MP .... Any idea why this would happen?
Post #: 1
RE: Understanding fuel re-supply anomalies - 4/19/2012 6:37:03 AM   
Joel Billings

They have to make leader admin and init checks. For each check that fails, they lose 20% of their MPs.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to olorin42)
Post #: 2
RE: Understanding fuel re-supply anomalies - 4/19/2012 12:11:44 PM   
Walloc

To add to Joel. The bigger short falls as Joel points out in MPs are due to missed leader rolls. Another smaller factor tho that can be of big importance too is Fatigue. Per 10 fatigue points a unit lose a MP. If u moved the entire previous turn u gota have alot of fatigue, depending on a few factors u can recover more or less until ur next turn. So its near impossible to have 50 MPs again next turn, alone by the fact it would be hard get all of the fatigue removed.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 4/19/2012 12:46:01 PM >

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Understanding fuel re-supply anomalies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI